• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Professional WA Open Carry Logo

joejoejoe

My friend is a professional graphic designer for ICON, so I asked him to throw something together for WA OC. This is what he came up with. I hope you all like it. He hasn't put any color in it, and any feedback would be appreciated. Changes can still be made, too.

Joe~

150389_10150291049285517_647410516_15147904_2559888_n.jpg

Attachments

• 150389_10150291049285517_647410516_15147904_2559888_n.jpg
    150389_10150291049285517_647410516_15147904_2559888_n.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 98

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Do away with the "because I can't carry a cop." :(

Surely there is a bright, catching slogan that is more professional and worthy.

Have a contest to select one - gets people involved.

Last edited:

joejoejoe

Yeah I gave him a few slogans to choose from, looks like that is the one he put on there. I am not sure what type of message we want to get across. Is it "We have the right to!" Is it "I want to protect myself." Or is it "I'm protecting my liberty."

If we run around holding guns to make a statement about rights, it may be easier to debate why we shouldn't have guns. If we run around saying we want to protect ourselves, people may think we are edgy. If we say we are protecting liberty, we might be seen as paranoid. Of course, we could also been seen as heroes, safeguards, or freedom fighters. So yeah, like I said, he wants feedback so he can make one that looks professional for the cause.

Joe~

Metalhead47

Yeah I gave him a few slogans to choose from, looks like that is the one he put on there. I am not sure what type of message we want to get across. Is it "We have the right to!" Is it "I want to protect myself." Or is it "I'm protecting my liberty."

If we run around holding guns to make a statement about rights, it may be easier to debate why we shouldn't have guns. If we run around saying we want to protect ourselves, people may think we are edgy. If we say we are protecting liberty, we might be seen as paranoid. Of course, we could also been seen as heroes, safeguards, or freedom fighters. So yeah, like I said, he wants feedback so he can make one that looks professional for the cause.

Joe~

Personally I'm liking the idea of stressing firearm & self defense rights as civil and human rights. The anti crowd typically goes on & on about civil & human rights in other things, maybe this way will throw another small kink in their arguments :p

amzbrady

What happened to the other one? The green Circle with Warshington state in it? I liked that one. I think it would make a spiffy belt buckle, with a nice thick black holster belt and OpenCarry.Org tooled in the leather on the belt.

xxx.jakk.xxx

Just as long as it doesn't say "Warshington." Drives me nuts, especially when I hear it from people I know were born here.

I was born in Oregon and when I was little, my grandmother always called it "Warshington". I was only 4, so I didn't really know she was saying anything wrong. She also said "Warsh" instead of "Wash" for things like "Wash up" or "Wash Rag". Lol

Last edited:

FMCDH

How about

"I carry because, I dont like being stabbed, My wife doesnt like being Raped and beaten, and my children dont want to be abducted"???

We want people to be able to read the print without squinting. No-one likes a logo that gives them a headache to read. ;-)

I have always been partial to.... "Self defense, a fundamental human right." or "Self defense, a basic human right."

Fundamental sounds better.

Credits to Oleg Volk....
http://www.a-human-right.com

Kryteon

Slogans

1. A Right Unexercised, Is A Right Lost.
2. Self Defense - It's Your Responsibility.
3. The First Line Of Defense.
4. An Armed Society is a Polite Society.
5. When Help is Minutes Away.

Kryteon

Whats the purpose of the logo

Where will it be displayed? What will it be used for? Will it be available to everyone, anyone, or only certain people? Is it for attracting attention/questions about open carry? Branding the website? Copyrighted?

Just asking....