• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Woodman's, Menomonee Falls

protias

Went shopping with my mother tonight and of course I was carrying. There were quite a few people in the store and had no issue. So, either no one noticed (highly unlikely as I was wearing a red shirt and I carry a XD45 4") or no one cared.

XDFDE45

But, but more guns mean more people are going to be killed according to WAVE
bs.gif

MKEgal

I'm in that store frequently, have even done a video there, & never had a problem.
Don't think anyone even noticed, or if they did they certainly didn't react in any way I could see.
Guess W"AV"E doesn't shop Woodman's because of their support of civil rights. :lol:

Jimbok

FYI Woodmans

why would it be shocking? it does also depend on how your dressed which will determine what reactions you will/might get too.. Consider that

FYI Woodmans Kicks a** LOL I love it

No, none of the customers or employees called the cops, ran screaming, or anything of the like. Shocking, I know!

protias

why would it be shocking? it does also depend on how your dressed which will determine what reactions you will/might get too.. Consider that

I dress with what is appropriate for the weather.

I was using sarcasm heavily. The libs like to say everyone is going to go running and screaming with someone carrying a firearm.

bluehighways

You mean to tell me that blood wasn't running in the streets, with innocent bystanders getting shot left and right? But, but, but that's what WAVE said would happen. Now I'm just plain confused.

hardballer

Not sure about the "how you are dressed" comment. Sometimes I am dressed in old dirty jeans and a old t-shirt from working in the garden or working on the truck etc. Still carrying. Sometimes I am dressed in nice clean jeans and a clean golf shirt or similar. I get the same response from those I meet. No one runs screaming. I think that a person's appearance may be important to a job interview or meeting your girlfriends folks for the first time but as for open carry, dress as you like.

As soon as we start making judgement about a person's dress and blaming others reaction to the gun on a torn t-shirt or dirty pants, we may as well just blame the gun.

Case in point, the loon who accosted BrokenSprocket and me in Alma, first zeroed on on BrokenSprocket before I even got there. When I arrived, he made comments to me as well. BrokenSprocket was nicely dressed in a golf shirt, neat clean jeans and a baseball cap. Very low key and even a bit like plainclothes officer might. His gun in a conservative looking Blackhawk holster. Black gun, black holster. Almost couldn't tell it was there, yet this guy zeroed in on BrokenSprocket just the same.

Me, I had been working the garden just prior so my jeans were dirty, my orange t-shirt has a few holes and stains and my gun is carried in a black Kydex/leather hybrid holster with chrome rivets and a big bold star on it. My gun is a stainless 1911, cocked and locked. Star on the grips. Not hiding anything there. I dress very casual and have long hair and a beard. I generally am treated with respect and a smile.

I think the problem is not how someone is dressed nor what gun they carry. It is people's preconceived notions and prejudice. If there were commercials with gun wearing mom's and pop's at a picnic, on a bike ride, at the beach, in a boat, at work like McX, in the field, etc. believe me, there would be a change of perception.

Hardballer out!

hardballer

I lived in AZ at one time and there were plenty of open carriers there. Mom's pushing their baby in a cart at Home Depot, Guys with a gun in the Circle K, One fella with ammo belts cross is bare chest and an old west six gun rig at his waist at a pay phone.

Saw it all the time and never once felt uncomfortable. Even with the guy with the six gun. What I was uncomfortable with were the gang bangers and druggies. Shots fired, The front of a friends RV riddled with bullet holes. Nice.

It's the gun. Not the dress that scares the uninformed or uninitiated.

Hardballer out!

Last edited:

Teamtnt2004

I hear ya. I shop at the Woodmans in Janesville all the times. Usually at least twice a week. Go in carry every time. Never once had a problem. I will say the last time I was there ( and the first time anyone has ever said anything ) as I was walking back to my car a guy parked right beside me. He got our as I was taking the case out of my car and said, "are you carrying a sidearm?" I said yes, and he said that was cool! Then asked why I could not carry in the car. That is the only experience I've ever had at Woodmans.

cleveland

...I was walking back to my car a guy parked right beside me. He got our as I was taking the case out of my car and said, "are you carrying a sidearm?" I said yes, and he said that was cool! Then asked why I could not carry in the car.

Educate, and recruit. Good job! Did you give him the info for the website?

On a side note about Woodman's. My wife and I started shopping there shortly after the Oak Creek store opened. We went from spending $1000-$1200 at Pick N Save, to spending $700-$800 at Woodman's (feeding 2 growing boys that bring lunch to school is expensive!). They really have great prices.

Last edited:

Teamtnt2004

Educate, and recruit. Good job! Did you give him the info for the website?

On a side note about Woodman's. My wife and I started shopping there shortly after the Oak Creek store opened. We went from spending $1000-$1200 at Pick N Save, to spending $700-$800 at Woodman's (feeding 2 growing boys that bring lunch to school is expensive!). They really have great prices.

No, actually I forgot the pamphlets at home that day. Any other day I have them on me. But for some reason I didn't remember that day. :( Now I'll have to put some in my case just to make sure I always got them on me.