• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Truebrit In Memorium

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'm not sure how we would add to the eloquence of several comments in the other thread. I will miss him and his, in many ways unique, perspective on our nation and our freedoms and his true love of freedom and liberty for every man. He embodied the spirit of our forefathers, many of whom also migrated from Britain to form a new nation born of liberty.

Lew

imported post

There are posts that you skim over and there are those that you read carefully, in detail. Truebrit was the kind of gentleman to whom I always made a point of paying attention. In the scope of this forum, the only way I personally knew him, he always struck me as kind, earnest, and a Truepatriot, if you will.

[font="Georgia, Book Antiqua"][/font]
No man is an island. entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main; if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were; any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
--John Donne Meditation XVII

Legba

imported post

I've only just learned of this and am very sad to hear it. My condolances to family and friends. Requiescat in pace.

-ljp

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

I just found out, too.

My condolences to his widow also...he was a rare Brit who clearly wasNOT one of the millions of mediocre liberal naive "sold out my rights and proud of it" UK Sheeple.

Isn't it ironic that the "Liberties of Englishmen"were forgedin England (of course) several hundred years ago, but nowadays, it survives in some degree not in England, Canada or Australia, but only here in America...andONLY HERE because of anunending struggleof some still-free Americans against the anti-gun movement to keepthese liberties-- primarily the RKBA -- alive.

-- John D.

TrueBrit

imported post

I would likethe community here at open carry to konw a little more about Truebrit.He was my stepfather of 10 wonderful years. He was a perfect husband tomy mother, (truebrits wife) and all I could ask for in a father or stepfather.Truebrit knew how important our rights are because of the lack of these rights in hisplace of birth, England, and many other countries.He was a careing,kind and compasionate man who put his family before himself.He taught me so much in those 10 years, I could go on for days. I know he spent a lot of time on this site,andheenjoyed every moment here thanks to all of you. I will never forgethim, and the pain of his losshas been overwelming. But he is in the kingdom of God now, no pain, no death, no sorrow. GodspeedTRUEBRIT, I love you! Your stepson, Bobby

molonlabetn

imported post

We'll miss you, sir. You have left us with an honorable memory, many wise words, and an example we should all be proud to follow.

Save us some ammo up there.

sidestreet

imported post

Dear Mrs. Truebrit and Truebrit'sboy,

My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time. I, like so many others here, so very much enjoyed Truebrit's posts. They were filled with a combination ofwisdom, wit, truth and humor that is rarely (yet sadly) expressed in the written word these days.

After reading Truebrit'sboy's post describing his step-father, I must say that I am not surprised.

Let me say to Mrs. Truebrit and Truebrit'sboy the same words thatI spoke at my mother's passing just over two weeks ago, "Many herehaveexpressed their sympathyand sorrow for our loss, we do not consider it our loss, forwe know without a doubt where she is and that she isreceiving God's G.R.A.C.E., God's Riches At Christ's Expense. Love is the tie that binds, God is the Creator and the Author of love, God is love, and the love we give comes from God in us, and through us. Godsent His love down to us, God does not takeHis loveback,but He takes us back because He loves us. God cannot die, and so love cannot die. God's loveis mighty and strong, growing stronger with each day, and so it should be with our hope and faith, sonowand everyday it should be strengthened, and in one's passing... lengthened. Blessed be the ties that bind!!!

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Truebrit family, please accept my condolences on the death of your loved one.

As others have said, I wish I had gotten the chance to meet him; but in a sense, we had met many times, as we often posted back and forth on the same topics. I was always impressed by his erudition, humility and civility. I will miss seeing his well written posts and witty rejoinders. May God rest his soul.

Dutch Uncle

Flintlock

imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
Truebrit family, please accept my condolences on the death of your loved one.

As others have said, I wish I had gotten the chance to meet him; but in a sense, we had met many times, as we often posted back and forth on the same topics. I was always impressed by his erudition, humility and civility. I will miss seeing his well written posts and witty rejoinders. May God rest his soul.

Dutch Uncle

First, I would like to offer my genuineheart-felt condolences to the family of TrueBrit. I am deeply shocked and saddened by this and I regretjust learning of this well after-the-fact.

I never personally met TrueBrit, but I don't think I would be over stepping my bounds by saying that I considered him a trusted friend that I spoke to over internet forums for years and shared many thoughts over private messages regularly. In fact, I have been gone from forums for a while and just sent him a pm the other day to catch up and just thought he may have been busy holding down the second amendment for Kentucky...

I always considered him to be a gentleman in the true sense of the word and a knowledgeable poster and he wasvery bright. May you rest in peace TrueBrit, we will miss you..

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Last edited: