• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chincoteague Firemen's Carnival

Lethal Overdose

Has anyone ever open carried at this carnival?

http://chincoteague.com/carny/

I've gone to the Chincoteague Firemen's Carnival for years. They have the best clam and oyster fritters on the Eastern Shore. They're as big as frisbees, too.

I've never actually carried there before. I'm not sure if it is private property or public. I would assume that it is private property though. I'm not sure what people would think of somone openly 'packin a heater there. Anybody ever open carry on Chincoteague before? Particularly at the Chincoteague Carnival?

Any replies would be appreciated.

paramedic70002

Call or email the Chincoteague Chamber of Commerce for more information: (757) 336-6161.

Ask if the carny grounds are municipal or private property. Ask if the VFD takes ANY public money.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Call or email the Chincoteague Chamber of Commerce for more information: (757) 336-6161.

Ask if the carny grounds are municipal or private property. Ask if the VFD takes ANY public money.

I think the fire department owns them.

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
The fire department owns the carnival grounds and they are a charitable corporation http://www.cvfc3.com/. I haven't been to the carnival in some time as my kids are grown and grandkids aren't around this area.

The carnival grounds can be very close, especially when standing in long lines for rides or food. A lot of teenage kids around and they can get rowdy at times. High level of SA required if open carry.

I agree the clam and oyster fritters are the best, although I wouldn't say they are quite a big as a Frisbees.

If you do OC let us know how it goes. Also bring me a fritter.

Last edited: