• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

smart phone app

malignity

Check out the application 'Voice Recorder'. It's free and has a home screen widget. It records in native recording format for phones though, so you'll eventually need a converter to convert the file if you need to transfer it to your computer. This is the app I currently use and it works great.

There's another pay app that I've been considering getting that records in a .wav format which is already computer ready. Been thinking about spending a few bucks and getting that. I'll post the name momentarily.

Last edited:

malignity

The other app is called TapeMachine Recorder and is 3.99 Euros; or roughly $5.21 american. Supposedly it can record in .wav format which is nice.

There's another free app called cop recorder or something that completely runs in the background so if your phone is ceased no one can tell the application is running until the application is re-opened. Personally, with a name like that, I think it would only draw attention to that program, so I simply stay away from it. Unless you're looking closely, you can barely tell my widget is recording. :)

Bronson

I think Zigziggityzoo uses an app that records and stores it at another location. That way even if the recorder is taken or destroyed what was recorded up to that point is still available.

Bronson

Master Control

GhandiCam App

I just bought a new Android phone and am looking for a good app that let's me record audio and upload it to the net. Someone is running a similar program on their iPhone. Thanks

The Gandhicam project is a distributed, online project dedicated to protecting civil liberties

http://www.gandhicam.org/

Originally motivated by reports of police illegally confiscating or destroying people's pictures and video, it also has applications in personal safety, whistleblowing, undercover and warzone reporting

SoLasVegas

Not exactly what you are asking for, but check out http://qik.com.

It does audio and video and streams it live (with some buffering) to your account on qik.com. This has the benefit of still being accessible if your phone is "stolen".

The app is available for a large number of phones.

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
Sorry to go a bit off track, but here is my million dollar idea of the day:

An app that tells you up to the minute firearms laws wherever you are! Warning, you must open carry when enterng this building, warning, this is a victim zone, leave your arms ni the vehicle etc.

If you build it, you can send me a check!

And back on track...

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
The Gandhicam project is a distributed, online project dedicated to protecting civil liberties

http://www.gandhicam.org/

Originally motivated by reports of police illegally confiscating or destroying people's pictures and video, it also has applications in personal safety, whistleblowing, undercover and warzone reporting

this looks like a great concept, but i'm having trouble getting it to work with gmail.
i've emailed the creators about possible use with an FTP

kryptonian

police scanner app

i posted a suggestion a couple of months ago about getting a local police scanner app. my sister has it on her iphone. would also be good app to have to know that mwag call is sending police your way. forewarned is forearmed.
the thread got all spun away with people talking about mounted scanners in your car and it's legality and completely ignored my simple premise of using phone app to know the police are coming. would give you time to get recorder app ready.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
i posted a suggestion a couple of months ago about getting a local police scanner app. my sister has it on her iphone. would also be good app to have to know that mwag call is sending police your way. forewarned is forearmed.
the thread got all spun away with people talking about mounted scanners in your car and it's legality and completely ignored my simple premise of using phone app to know the police are coming. would give you time to get recorder app ready.

It was a good suggestion.. and one that I heeded.

TheQ

Already switched from anxroid to iPhone . I found a good police scanner app called 5-0 radio. It's free and works great.

Still searching for good free recorder app.

The 5-0 Pro upgrade is well worth it. It let's you record the active feed.