• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

German public broadcaster's looking for open carrying women for a TV report

Riana

Can't answer for that type of omission. It would not please me either.

He never responded to me, either. While not really a forgivable thing, I somewhat understand, given the gravity of other events.

Hopefully, he'll use the additional time to respond to those who have e-mailed/called directly.

Last edited:

All American Nightmare

For what purpose?

Setup and coordination is generally done by someone local - one of us. There is often a lot of behind the scenes conversation that is not really necessary to the thread.

I'm reasonably sure too that his primary job is not gun related, but rather reporting on events as his employer directs/approves.
To answer questions ask by members. There is always alot that goes on behind the scenes for everything. He should be willing to answer the questions that members have ask him when he is the one asking for help.

ODA 226

He never responded to me, either. While not really a forgivable thing, I somewhat understand, given the gravity of other events.

Hopefully, he'll use the additional time to respond to those who have e-mailed/called directly.

She wrote him 2 weeks ago...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
To answer questions ask by members. There is always alot that goes on behind the scenes for everything. He should be willing to answer the questions that members have ask him when he is the one asking for help.

Still not sure what the problem/question is. Frederik/TV ZDF asked for an opportunity to meet and interview - we appreciated the chance to get our message out. It fell through for reasons based on an international crisis and a choice as to where to expend their resources.

As to why he/they haven't responded to each contact individually - I don't have more than a clue. Maybe because those of us local said we'd handle the arrangements, get some people together, and they didn't see the need to follow through at that level. Maybe because he is very busy and/or short on support staff - TV ZDF is like our public service TV.

I apologize if anyone here feels that they been slighted. I sincerely doubt that it was intentional - speaking for myself, it was not.

karolynrgalarza

opencarry interview in nova still on

I received an email from frederik today confirming my interview on friday which means the opencarry dinner in nova is still on for all those interested. If women showed up there i don't see why he wouldn't interview hem too. The dinner is at 7pm this friday at he Buffalo Wing Factory in Sterling. The address is:
45529 W Church Rd Sterling, VA 20164

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Why has he not returned to the site?

That's exactly my question. Why do the interviewees have to do the work? Near as I can tell, he's looking for those who want their 15 minutes of fame; he'll just facilitate it.

Posting one post here, then not coming back is, in my book, the kind of behavior that says that's not the interviewer I'd choose.

Have fun, anyone who participates.

Out here.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
When the interviews with the French media was set up, there was no direct interaction with those planing to attend by Sabrina.

When NightLine was making plans to attend the VCDL picnic, there was no exchange of correspondence individually with those planning to attend.

When the media flooded O'Charley's in Richmond where we were celebrating the newly won right to CC in restaurants, there were no phone calls to individuals.

In each of those cases, a limited number of "point persons" handled the arrangements. It is simply more efficient that way.

It is unfortunate that anyone feels offended or unsatisfied. The desired goal was exposure of OC and our RKBA, not somebody's 15 minutes of fame. The methodology was to use a central point of contact in this instance also.

From another activist come these words (slightly redacted): "Let him know we would be glad to help him if he's able to do the interview in the future.
It's too bad [the cancellation] because I would love for other women (and men) in other countries to understand why we so strongly believe in our right to defend ourselves and the right to keep and bear arms. I think it's important to get our message out there.

That is a position I embrace.

All American Nightmare

Still not sure what the problem/question is. Frederik/TV ZDF asked for an opportunity to meet and interview - we appreciated the chance to get our message out. It fell through for reasons based on an international crisis and a choice as to where to expend their resources.

As to why he/they haven't responded to each contact individually - I don't have more than a clue. Maybe because those of us local said we'd handle the arrangements, get some people together, and they didn't see the need to follow through at that level. Maybe because he is very busy and/or short on support staff - TV ZDF is like our public service TV.

I apologize if anyone here feels that they been slighted. I sincerely doubt that it was intentional - speaking for myself, it was not.
Just seems like bad PR to me. Was not trying to call you or anyone else out.

All American Nightmare

When the interviews with the French media was set up, there was no direct interaction with those planing to attend by Sabrina.

When NightLine was making plans to attend the VCDL picnic, there was no exchange of correspondence individually with those planning to attend.

When the media flooded O'Charley's in Richmond where we were celebrating the newly won right to CC in restaurants, there were no phone calls to individuals.

In each of those cases, a limited number of "point persons" handled the arrangements. It is simply more efficient that way.

It is unfortunate that anyone feels offended or unsatisfied. The desired goal was exposure of OC and our RKBA, not somebody's 15 minutes of fame. The methodology was to use a central point of contact in this instance also.

From another activist come these words (slightly redacted): "Let him know we would be glad to help him if he's able to do the interview in the future.
It's too bad [the cancellation] because I would love for other women (and men) in other countries to understand why we so strongly believe in our right to defend ourselves and the right to keep and bear arms. I think it's important to get our message out there.

That is a position I embrace.
It looks bad on him in my eyes.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Just seems like bad PR to me. Was not trying to call you or anyone else out.

I don't feel attacked or "called out" in the least - seriously.

Found myself in the unusual position of defending a news correspondent. :lol:

I think the objections were minor and adequately explained/answered, and importantly wish to keep the door open to a future beneficial relationship and the promotion of OC.

As a footnote, I found Frederik to be personable, intelligent and open to our POV. I think we would have gotten a fair shake.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Wellllll........I'm not really sure why he would come back here. He posted his proposal and established a relationship with Grapeshot.

Why does Grapeshot act as the point man for these things. I haven't a clue. It's a lot of work to try to coordinate a group of people who have busy lives, with a journalist on a tight schedule.

A tremendous amount of work, but he does it very well. Grapeshot has an attention to details most of us can only dream of. He foresees small problems and then arranges to work around them.

He arranges and rearranges schedules to suit individuals who can't be at a certain place and time. He calls venues to be certain there won't be any surprises when they get there.

He checks on parking, lodging for the travelers, rules and regulations of restaurants and other meeting places.

With the French interview, even at pro gun River City..there was resistance from the owner. I broke the ice and Grapeshot took over and it went off without a hitch.

I can go on about this but you get the idea. Even though GS doesn't talk much about his role in these things, it is a major one.

That's why the OP didn't come back to post. There was no need.

Riana

While I would love the opportunity to meet with the interviewer, and of course have dinner with you folks, I won't be able to make it tomorrow evening (my son is in a talent show at school).

Perhaps if he opts for another time at a later date, I could attend. I'd love to practice my German. :lol:

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
We had a nice time at dinner.. Show to air in 2-3 weeks.. will post link when I get it..

179336_161898803860211_100001202771197_361336_7010712_n.jpg

My 6 minute table side interview: http://edsfiles.us/audio/detv.mp3

Last edited: