• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GoDaddy CEO Video Tapes Himself Shooting an Elephant

usamarshal

I love how the villagers ripped flesh off the elephant....its like a zombie movie...:lol:

Wonder if uncle ted was with him?

Bill Starks

State Researcher
thats nothing, any guy can shoot a Elephant and kill it....

Check this out: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/wi...hunter-kills-elephant-with-bow-and-arrow.html

Groenewald-Hagerman, 39, sneaked into the animals herd and killed the creature with one shot from just 12 yards. The woman, from Kansas, was inspired to go on the safari after being challenged by a male friend who said women could never draw such a heavy bow.

She worked out for four hours a day for eight months to be able to draw the huge PSE XF Bow big enough to kill the majestic creature.

sudden valley gunner

I just can't help wondering though if the Rich guy paid a permit that the locals couldn't afford to pay. They looked damned glad he did though.

Now I wonder what elephant tastes like? I heard it might taste like baby seal.....or was it bald eagle? :lol:

Metalhead47

I just can't help wondering though if the Rich guy paid a permit that the locals couldn't afford to pay. They looked damned glad he did though.

Now I wonder what elephant tastes like? I heard it might taste like baby seal.....or was it bald eagle? :lol:

Is there really any doubt? With a large bore double rifle, I'm sure he's got lots of permits the commoners don't get. But you do have to admit, under the circumstances it is a win-win for everyone involved.

In regards to your second question.... spotted owl. It definitely tastes like spotted owl.

Metalhead47

thats nothing, any guy can shoot a Elephant and kill it....

Check this out: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/wi...hunter-kills-elephant-with-bow-and-arrow.html

Groenewald-Hagerman, 39, sneaked into the animals herd and killed the creature with one shot from just 12 yards. The woman, from Kansas, was inspired to go on the safari after being challenged by a male friend who said women could never draw such a heavy bow.

She worked out for four hours a day for eight months to be able to draw the huge PSE XF Bow big enough to kill the majestic creature.

:eek::eek::eek:

I didn't know it was possible for anyone to take down an elephant with a single shot from a bow. And they don't even show a pic of the dang bow! Just look at the arms on that chick, nevermind the bow she could probably just rip a Buick in half & slap the thing to death with it.

elixin77

I like hwo the article in the OP has a link to a group that supports not killing elephants. Well, if this guy didn't kill the elephant, that tribe of people could have been wiped out since the elephants were ruining the crop.

besides, its not like the elephant went to waste - quite a bit of people were fed off that one elephant, and they seemed happy that it was gone; especially since the other 'phants didn't come back

sudden valley gunner

I like hwo the article in the OP has a link to a group that supports not killing elephants. Well, if this guy didn't kill the elephant, that tribe of people could have been wiped out since the elephants were ruining the crop.

besides, its not like the elephant went to waste - quite a bit of people were fed off that one elephant, and they seemed happy that it was gone; especially since the other 'phants didn't come back

I had a friend from India tell me about this village were they were at war with the elephants, literally. Elephants being super smart would come in at night and trample a few people in their homes. Of course the villagers would retaliate, and then soon after the elephants would retaliate back. He wasn't sure who started the war.

KBCraig

My wife is a full-on, 100%, absolute hephalump lover. She thinks they're the coolest animals ever, and would love to have her own sanctuary if we ever hit the gazillions.

When I told her about this story today, she had absolutely no problem with taking this elephant. Her biggest objection is hunting for ivory only, or as trophies only, but people come first: they got their crops, and their protein, and all is well.

6L6GC

I must be missing something

cause I couldn't find the video. I read the article and kept looking for a link to the video but never did find that. Is there a link in the article?

Daylen

From the comments that PETA made it sounds like news that PETA hates starving Africans. Only, that is old not new news.

Metalhead47

Such hypocrcily! That's outrageous! Makes me want to go out & shoot something, eat it's flesh, wear it's skin & put it's head on my wall just to piss them off.

Oh, wait, I wanna do that anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk