• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How to become an instructor for Conceal Carry License?

DWCook

Activist Member
I am heavily interested in finding out information how to become an instructor on the Kansas side obviously. I have been Google searching for a while now and just can't seem to locate any information on how to become an instructor. Unless I am being blind and stupid and its right in front of me some how. Anyways if anyone here has any information on how you can study up and become an instructor as I am interested to, please let me know. I am an NRA member and read somewhere how you can be a license instructor for the NRA but considering my age and the length I have been a member I don't see it happening. I just need information like the requirements and what not on how you can become an instructor. Thanks guys!

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Anyone can become an NRA Certifed Firearms Instructor. All that is required is taking and passing the necessary courses. Here is a link to more information about that.

http://www.nrahq.org/education/training/instructor.asp

Of course it is also helpful if you have some prior military or law enforcement trainer experience. What kind of training do you want to offer to people?

wrightme

Who administers the KS cc license state program?

Call them.

The NRA certifies instructors for either pistol, rifle, or safety officer instruction, and provides course material related to such, and is not a "License Instructor" certification. Many states DO accept the NRA Certified Pistol Instructor credential as a valid baseline for becoming an authorized CCW class instructor, and either presents an authorized state curriculum, or specifies an existing NRA curriculum as being an accepted course for a permit.

marine0300

Concealed Carry Instructor

If you’re looking for information on concealed carry in Kansas and if you’re interested in becoming an instructor click on the link to the KS Attorney General’s web site for more info. When you pull up the AG’s page scroll down to the bottom.

http://www.ksag.org/page/concealed-carry

Also go to this nice site and click on Kansas on the map

www.handgunlaw.us

cop8611

Reply to KS CCH Instructor

I am heavily interested in finding out information how to become an instructor on the Kansas side obviously. I have been Google searching for a while now and just can't seem to locate any information on how to become an instructor. Unless I am being blind and stupid and its right in front of me some how. Anyways if anyone here has any information on how you can study up and become an instructor as I am interested to, please let me know. I am an NRA member and read somewhere how you can be a license instructor for the NRA but considering my age and the length I have been a member I don't see it happening. I just need information like the requirements and what not on how you can become an instructor. Thanks guys!

If you are still looking to become a KS CCH Instructor here's how:

First you will need to become an NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor. You can use this tool from the NRA Instructor website to locate a class near you

Second, if you pass the NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor course, you will then contact the KS Attorney General and ask them to send you the information on becoming a KS certified CCH instructor.

After obtaining the package and sending in the required documents and filling out a rather easy application (background checks of course) you then will take an 8hr course with the Attorney General's office to ensure you understand the legalities and requirements of their CCH process.

That's it! If you need any other assistance please email me at firearms@copstore.net