• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anti-Gun Wacko of The Week: Grand Island NE School Board

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
When I wrote last week’s Anti-Gun Wacko of the Week column about University of Colorado Professor Jerry Peterson, I chose the name of the column on a bit of a whim. I didn’t really expect that I would find that level of outrageousness on a weekly basis.

But by now, you would think I would know better than to underestimate the ability of bureaucrats to make blindly stupid decisions.

And that brings us to today’s story about 3-year-old Hunter Spanjer. Hunter is, by all reports, a happy and well-loved child who attends preschool in Grand Island Nebraska. Hunter is just like all the other boys and girls except for one thing … the school board wants to take away his name.

Read more at http://monachuslex.com/?p=1645

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Confirms what I have been thinking for several years now, "The inmates are finally running the asylum!!"

We just have to keep the pressure on. As long as they know the public will hold them accountable, we have a chance to stop this 'zero-tolerance' BS.

davidmcbeth

Banned
This one is better than last week's wacko-o-da-week.

This kid is better suited for public office than most guys running in the GOP .. after all, he has been a Hunter since the day he was born.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
How can this possibly make sense in anyone's mind? I mean who actually came up with this idea and what idiots went along with it? I hope the family and the ACLU sue...

PistolPackingMomma

Can you imagine if the kid had been named Gunner? :banghead:

Yeah, definitely not subjecting my kids to this kind of moronic bureaucracy that cares more about Federal funding and political correctness rather than kids and their education.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
How can this possibly make sense in anyone's mind? I mean who actually came up with this idea and what idiots went along with it? I hope the family and the ACLU sue...

I hope so. The ACLU is reportedly considering the issue.