• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Manchurian Candidates?

pkbites

Whenever I hear or read someone say something like this I think “nut job”.
So, at the risk on sounding like a conspiracy nut job:

This country went a long time without many mass shootings. Even after the “assault weap:rolleyes:ns" ban expired.

Obama learned from the Clinton administration to lay low on gun control during his first term. Gun control was a significant factor as to why Clinton lost both sides of Congress (even Clinton said so during one of his State of the Union Addresses).

We all know that Obama and the left will push HARD to restrict our rights over the next 4 years. Things like getting ALL semi-autos classified as NFA weapons, and/or an assault weapons ban that requires we all surrender them with no grandfather nor sunset clause this time.

So does it make me a nut to wonder if all these mass shootings that have happened in the past 6 months are just coincidences?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member

This country went a long time without many mass shootings. Even after the “assault weap:rolleyes:ns" ban expired.

Obama learned from the Clinton administration to lay low on gun control during his first term. Gun control was a significant factor as to why Clinton lost both sides of Congress (even Clinton said so during one of his State of the Union Addresses).

We all know that Obama and the left will push HARD to restrict our rights over the next 4 years. Things like getting ALL semi-autos classified as NFA weapons, and/or an assault weapons ban that requires we all surrender them with no grandfather nor sunset clause this time.

So does it make me a nut to wonder if all these mass shootings that have happened in the past 6 months are just coincidences?

No. The public revelations of the Clutzes for Information Aquisition only leads in that direction. Wondering is not a problem. Asserting it would be questionable, but not wondering.

The funny part is that you almost don't have to prove a conspiracy. Really all you have to do is highlight the facts. Its a little like the folks who howl about a banker conspiracy to control the world. Who knows besides the bankers themselves? But, you can get more traction just by illustrating the same negative activities of bankers without driving off listeners by asserting conspiracy theories.

I once asked an older associate whether he had any info that National Review and Bill Buckley were fronts for Clutzes for Information Aquisition. Knowing his backround, I thought he might know something. He pointed out that it didn't matter; they got the results they got whether they were or weren't. The speed with which he answered, and the way he dodged the question told me he was at least familiar with the suspicion.

It really doesn't matter much if there is a coordinated plan against guns. Unless one has a smoking gun that proves the conspiracy, its not really productive to accuse the existence of a plan. Meanwhile, you can get much more results by just attacking the individuals who promote gun control and their results (innocent dead, etc.)

Freedom1Man

You're not the only one wondering.

Information does not add up too often.

conandan

You can call me a nut job too... But I don't believe in coincidents so judge for yourselves. It is clear that they are coming for our guns. Everyone must decide for themselves what or when they will take action. I know where my line is drawn. I still have hope that this can be solved peacefully and through honest debate.

Maybe I'm to much of an optimist, but I do not look forward to the civil war that is sure to come if they try to take our guns.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
We ned to tread carefully here

Forum Rules

15) WE ADVOCATE FOR THE 'LAW-ABIDING' ONLY: Posts advocating illegal acts of any kind are NOT welcome here. Even if you feel that a law is unconstitutional we do not break it, we repeal it or defeat it in the courts.

Last edited:

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
When I hear of "plots" like this I think about the Mel Gibson movie "Signs". The scene that comes to mind is where Mel and his two kids are sitting on the couch........all wearing tin hats.

No offense to those of you considering this type of conspiracy, it is my personal opine that this is extreme. Possible, as anything is, but extreme.

carracer

I was not thinking this way until this afternoon. There was a Dept of Homeland Security guy on tv talking about the weapons used on Conn. He stated that the weapon used was exclusively the ar15 bushmaster.

He stated that the shooter had 2 handguns on him and had used one to commit suicide. He also stated that one weapon was found in the vehicle.

He stated that there were 3 weapons total, but three were found on the shooter and one in the vehicle. Doesn't add up to me. He stated that the weapon used was the Bushmaster when all I heard reported by the media was the bushmaster being found in the vehicle.

So, it seems that the administration was not satisfied that handguns were the weapon. That has now been changed to the evil "assault rifle" I look for that to be official.

He also reported that all victims had been hit multiple times, 4-5 times. That is a lot of ammo being expended.

Is it possible that the Portland shooting being interupted by a ccer did not result in the desired effect and another tragedy being necessary to prove the that assault rifles are evil?

I shudder to think this is even remotely possible.