• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Not on our watch

khicks

i found this on another web site. to read the whole article click on the link

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=199605

"The federal government has posted signs along a major interstate highway in Arizona, more than 100 miles north of the U.S.-Mexico border, warning travelers the area is unsafe because of drug and alien smugglers, and a local sheriff says Mexican drug cartels now control some parts of the state.

The signs were posted by the Bureau of Land Management, or BLM, along a 60-mile stretch of Interstate 8 between Casa Grande and Gila Bend, a major east-west corridor linking Tucson and Phoenix with San Diego.

They warn travelers that they are entering an "active drug and human smuggling area," and they may encounter "armed criminals and smuggling vehicles traveling at high rates of speed."

Phoenix David

While it is old news never hurts for it to come up and be visible, the signs have been up for over two years now. Some areas in Arizona are closed to US Citizens. I do not leave the metro area without a rifle in the truck.

.45acp

Only necessary because our government refuses to secure the border and panders to the Latino vote and a corrupt Mexican government.

We should be putting government officials on trial for treason.

Steve

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
The part about drug cartels controlling parts of Arizona got my attention.

Time to send Pershing and Patton again. Or, activate the state militia.

mosinnagant

we are being invaded bu muslims and mexicans
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:banghead:

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
We should be putting government officials on trial for treason.

Steve

Actually, there is a lot of truth to this. Most of our elected officials in the federal government, up to and including the president, have been deliberately and eagerly conducting treasonous activities and personally, I like nothing better that to see a mess of them being made an example of for those who might have designs on our Constitution.

eye95

When we bandy about words like treason, that has a very specific meaning, we come off as extremists.

To be sure, our current government is not doing its job (and is doing things it should not), but no one is guilty of treason.

If you want to change hearts and minds, with the ultimate goal of fully restoring our republic as a nation of laws and not of men, we should choose our words more carefully. We should seem less hyperbolic and more rational.

Yeah, I know, I'm gonna catch a lot of flak for this observation, suffer a personal attack or two, and have a litany of "treasonous" actions thrown about that "prove" that members of our current government are "traitors."

Let me get this taken care of now: Moving on.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
When we bandy about words like treason, that has a very specific meaning, we come off as extremists.

To be sure, our current government is not doing its job (and is doing things it should not), but no one is guilty of treason.

If you want to change hearts and minds, with the ultimate goal of fully restoring our republic as a nation of laws and not of men, we should choose our words more carefully. We should seem less hyperbolic and more rational.

Yeah, I know, I'm gonna catch a lot of flak for this observation, suffer a personal attack or two, and have a litany of "treasonous" actions thrown about that "prove" that members of our current government are "traitors."

As for being made an example of, I would much prefer voting a bunch of them out of office, trying a few for high crimes and treason, and let those actions send out the message that enough is enough.

Let me get this taken care of now: Moving on.

I agree. That's why I said, "Actually". In hindsight, perhaps I should have used the word, "technically". One does get more accomplished using a measure of decorum and diplomacy. However, we as Americans do seem to lapse into our very comfortable worlds a lot which allows the evil doers to enter and have their way.

As for making an example, voting a bunch of them out of office is the preferred method. I wouldn't mind seeing a few trials for high crimes and treason take place with the more sinister public servants. It is high time we assert ourselves as the masters and by so doing, remind them from whom they work and serve.

Last edited:

zack991

I am all for doing armed "tours" and we need to start shooting these drug dealers and weapons smugglers as they cross the border. Treat them as foreign enemy invading the country and shoot on sight. No need to arrest, give one verbal command to turn around or be shot. Many will say that that is too extreme, but I will bet any money those family's who have been hurt or killed by these thugs would beg to differ. Treat this as a military matter and put heavy armed troops on the border and give them proper ROE to put these thugs down for good. I am so sick and tired of this passive treatment that has handled this matter, it all politics and it needs to stop. Give our border patrol with power and put combat troops on the border. I have been told these are just people trying to support their family's, they are no different then the punks who rob people of their goods to make a living. Quit trying to arrest them and wasting our money on proving them with 3 hot meals a day and a cot, myself and others would rather have our taxes go to ammunition then the billions spent on court and housing cost. Now ILLEGALS crossing the border would not be treated the same way, put up fences like you see in prisons with several layers of fence and Constantia wire with constant patrols with military and border patrol agents. Start shutting down company's who hire illegals and put serious jail time(15 years plus), make the punishment of hiring illegals so bad that the thought of even thinking of doing so make you look behind.

Last edited:

KS_to_CA

While it is old news never hurts for it to come up and be visible, the signs have been up for over two years now. Some areas in Arizona are closed to US Citizens. I do not leave the metro area without a rifle in the truck.

Is this true? Well, as far as drug dealers are concerned - what is the bag limit?