• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dennys 3rd Saturday Meet. LAST ONE 9-18-10

69Charger

9-18-10
10802 Pacific Ave South Tacoma Wa.
10 AM
WE ARE GETTING TO THE POINT WHERE WE NEED MORE AND BETTER SEATING, SO THIS MONTHS MEET WILL BE THE LAST ONE WE WILL HAVE AT DENNYS here in Tacoma.
I will be scouting other locations that will be more comfortable, and be able to accommodate our get together's.
The Meets will still be here in the Tacoma area and will be easy to get to.
Its so good to have these get togethers, but we need to be able to all sit together and I have found (we all have) that Dennys is to small and to busy to guarantee this.:( Live and learn.:)
Any Ideas as to a good location will be appreciated. :)
Hope to see you at Dennys this month and get ready to get together at a new location on the 3rd Saturday next month. 10-16-10 New is good. :)
Dave

Leatherneck

Well, I know it's not Tacoma, but I'd like to nominate Des Moines Creek Restaurant.
Not only do they have good food and a large "conference" type area, but the owner's husband is a member of our forum.

jt59

9-18-10
10802 Pacific Ave South Tacoma Wa.
10 AM
Any Ideas as to a good location will be appreciated. :)
Hope to see you at Dennys this month and get ready to get together at a new location on the 3rd Saturday next month. 10-16-10 New is good. :)
Dave

From a space standpoint here is one that will work:

Elmer's Breakfast-Lunch- (Food/service-very good, avg pricing)
7427 South Hosmer Street
Tacoma, WA 98408-1220
(253) 473-0855

I spoke to the GM and he said he was open to it (he's from Montana). They are quite busy on Sat. AM's and seating would only be limited on that basis, as he doesn't take group reservations on Sat AM, so, we have two options depending on availability and numbers:

1.) They have a separate meeting room just off the main dining area....minimum is $150 total meals and gratuity off the menu (which we should hit with about 12-13).

2.) If we don't care if they allow other seating of the public (I said no problem), then no fee at all. If they have space available, they would allow us to combine tables in the general dining room to meet our lineup (which I assume would be our preference, being with the regular folk), with no minimum at all.

He said he wasn't familiar with WA laws here, (which I gave him the rundown on) and said I'd drop off a pamphlet (he carried in MT) later this afternoon. He was going to include it with the regular agenda for the corporate teleconference, but didn't think it would be an issue.

Last edited:

69Charger

A meeting room would be GREAT.
But I think we should get FREE coffee, or something, for bringing him business of between 10 and 30 or more to his establishment EVERY month on a regular basis. Put the ball in OUR park. :) Thats the game I want to play. LOL
Well its something to shoot for anyhoo. :) But not a deal breaker. :)
If we can get a big enough spot, without having to guarantee an agreed amount of $, this would be a good spot. Easy to find and get too.
Tacoma is where I would like to keep it.
Dave

jt59

A meeting room would be GREAT.
But I think we should get FREE coffee, or something, for bringing him business of between 10 and 30 or more to his establishment EVERY month on a regular basis. Put the ball in OUR park. :) Thats the game I want to play. LOL
Well its something to shoot for anyhoo. :) But not a deal breaker. :)
If we can get a big enough spot, without having to guarantee an agreed amount of $, this would be a good spot. Easy to find and get too.
Tacoma is where I would like to keep it.
Dave

Hit the $150 and you can have whatever you want!...:banana:

....but the conumdrum is that, at some level, don't we want to be mixing with the regular folk and, so, not looking like a planning session in the breakout room....(figuratively speaking).

at least I thought that was part of the purpose, aside from fellowship and too much bacon.

But, I'm up for whatever....

69Charger

Yep. I like the idea of a meeting room for the "space" and allowing the public to join in.
If It could happen in the regular dining area, that would be great too. :)
Dave

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Good idea Dave.

I have been thinking the same thing with the coffee meet and others. Move them around every few months, let other areas of town see the group. OCers in their natural surroundings! LOL.

G20-IWB24/7

Agreed with JT, I don't like the idea of putting us in a 'conference room.' We get better publicity and opportunity to talk with non-OCers if we are not segregated from the rest of the restaurant patronage.

I do like the idea of moving the event around to different locations, though.

jt59

Agreed with JT, I don't like the idea of putting us in a 'conference room.' We get better publicity and opportunity to talk with non-OCers if we are not segregated from the rest of the restaurant patronage.

I do like the idea of moving the event around to different locations, though.

If you've been to this place, the room is separated by doors that can be left open and kind of connected to the general dining area...it really will just depend on how many of us show up and how busy they are in general....

Deleted_User

Sizzler in Lakewood has a big backroom that isn't separated from the general public. If anyone is nearby to see if they don't mind OC, that'd be a GREAT area imho. Screw it, I'll ask when I'm in there next time this week.

I have to take my car to the shop at 0830 Saturday. I'll be fashionably late, but I'll make an appearance.

Batousaii

Old Country Buffet - Lakewood Town Center ?

I open carry here, each time has been very positive experience. The have lots and lots of seating and cheap all you can eat breakfast from 0800-1100 on Saturdays and Sundays (i can only make it on Sat) - Might consider this ?

Bat

1245A Defender

noooo,,,,,,

dont ask sizzler if OC is OK!!!
just stop for a coffee while OCing, and if nothing wrong happens
then just ask if they would like some more business??
give them a likely time and day..
dont say anything about carrying guns!!!

Trigger Dr

Don't ask

Sizzler in Lakewood has a big backroom that isn't separated from the general public. If anyone is nearby to see if they don't mind OC, that'd be a GREAT area imho. Screw it, I'll ask when I'm in there next time this week.

I have to take my car to the shop at 0830 Saturday. I'll be fashionably late, but I'll make an appearance.

Just do it.

jt59

Keep in mind that unless your talking about a differn't meet, the original request was for NEXT month, not this....

Last edited:

69Charger

September, this months meet, 9-18, is at Dennys.
Next months meet, October, 10-16, will be in a new location,
3rd Saturday of each month. 10 AM.

Dave :)

jt59

I open carry here, each time has been very positive experience. The have lots and lots of seating and cheap all you can eat breakfast from 0800-1100 on Saturdays and Sundays (i can only make it on Sat) - Might consider this ?

Bat

This would be a good one too!

Deleted_User

I guess I forgot to mention I knew the management at Sizzler. But yes, I didn't mean openly ask. I'd OC there and then give them a sort of heads up about a general time and date. Yeah, bad wording on my part.

AngryBeaver

Hey guys I'll be in the area doing a recon before I make my final escape from Kalifornia..would you mind if I joined you all? Also here in the occupied territory we cannot have rounds in the magazine if its in the well..are your OC laws different?