• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GA Denny's ousts OCer, manager cites policy.

sraacke

Abdallah contacted the district manager for Denny's who sent this reply:

Please understand, as a business proprieter we have an obligation to protect all of our guests, including you.
This is why there are no longer any Dennys in Baton Rouge. A customer was shot while eating in a Dennys here and the family sued Dennys for failing to provide protection for its customers. The Dennys paid the lawsuit then closed up and got out of town as it was to expensive to run a bunch of resuturants and keep getting sued.

eye95

Too bad. I like Denny's. But, I won't go there anymore.

Post this on other boards. I am on my way over to www.alabamaopencarry.com to post it now.

On edit: Call and let them know how you feel: 1-800-733-6697.

Last edited:

nobama

I have OC in Dennys here in NC and havnt had any problems. No sign, free for the taking. I will continue until I see a sign. I also will NEVER ask if its OK.

eye95

I have OC in Dennys here in NC and havnt had any problems. No sign, free for the taking. I will continue until I see a sign. I also will NEVER ask if its OK.

The article states that the NATIONAL policy was verified. Will you wait to be personally thrown out before you act?

sraacke

And the guy in the article never had any problems before then either. No signs there either. The new manager pointed out the policy in the handbook. Sign or not, past problems or not, this is not good.

GWbiker

I too recently was forced to leave a Denny's restaurant in Tucson because I walked in OC. Although I had visited this Denny's several times in the past, the manager told me:"Guns are not allowed in here". (No signs)

So, I went to IHOP on Grant & Rosemont, Tucson where OC is always accepted.

Better food, too.

eye95

I too recently was forced to leave a Denny's restaurant in Tucson because I walked in OC. Although I had visited this Denny's several times in the past, the manager told me:"Guns are not allowed in here". (No signs)

Better food, too.

We should post here every time that we are denied service, and then the membership should call and write the company, letting them know that we will no longer patronize their store or restaurant. That's the only way these policies will change. It worked for Sears/K-Mart. It will work for others.

paramedic70002

Better food, too.

IHOP is notoriously anti-gun.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
I OC at both Denney's AND IHOP without incident. As a matter of fact a bunch of us have been meeting for breakfast at a Denney's on the 3rd week of each month for the past few months with no trouble. As a matter of fact, the manager looks forward to our visits.