• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why do the people have problems with OC - think I figured it out!

rotorhead

LOL thank ya:banana:...but I was referring to LEO and snoopy citizens giving problems about OCing in general:lol:

Welcome TA!

When you get a minute, stop on by the NC forums (down in the States area) and enter the fray.

As far as females carrying, I know of no data to support any notion of them getting harassed any more or less than males.

bmg50cal

If everyone had a Schwartz, and of equal size, then the world would be a better place.

05627-4.jpg

Last edited:

Kirbinator

Ironically, as OC advocates, we have to be more docile and more calm and give up the right to be abrasive and confrontational if we want to continue with this practice.

You'll see this occasionally in police officers. It's de-escalation. Verbal Aikido. When deadly weapons are present it's easier to be the bigger man and walk away because the other person will look like a tool. And obviously, the other person isn't wrapped very tightly if they don't have sense of mind to argue with an obviously armed man.

We're a few years beyond needing to club each other to death with sticks.

since9

Campaign Veteran
hi Im new and female....do women have more or less problems OCing?

Welcome, new! Er, "Twiztid Angel!"

From what I gather, females are accosted by LEO much less often for legal OC than are males. Something about cops' "man+gun=trouble" mindset that seems to have been programmed into them during their stint at the academy.

When I began open carry, I thought I'd have all sorts of conflicts. To date, not really. Just a couple of benign discussions.

I have a Taurus judge...45/410

Ok. Pondering the benefits of either charge, I'd have to side with the .45. .410 is geared towards small game i.e. rabbit, grouse, etc. While in close quarters it might not be very pleasant, if you can fire a .45 JHP round from your Judge, I'd do that. Better stopping power. Please practice at the range with that load, and often. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

Twiztid Angel

Welcome, new! Er, "Twiztid Angel!"

From what I gather, females are accosted by LEO much less often for legal OC than are males. Something about cops' "man+gun=trouble" mindset that seems to have been programmed into them during their stint at the academy.

When I began open carry, I thought I'd have all sorts of conflicts. To date, not really. Just a couple of benign discussions.

Ok. Pondering the benefits of either charge, I'd have to side with the .45. .410 is geared towards small game i.e. rabbit, grouse, etc. While in close quarters it might not be very pleasant, if you can fire a .45 JHP round from your Judge, I'd do that. Better stopping power. Please practice at the range with that load, and often. Just my 2 cents.

The 410 that I have is specifically designed for the judge made by Winchester it is the PDX1....holds a close pattern in close quarters ..... it has 3 41mm roundish disks instead of birdshot or other similar shot. At 7 foot around 2-3 inch spread and at 15 foot about 3-4 inch spread.

Here is the vid on how it spreads....its truly an awesome load.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR-A8irzyWo

DSC09424.JPG

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
The 410 that I have is specifically designed for the judge made by Winchester it is the PDX1....holds a close pattern in close quarters ..... it has 3 41mm roundish disks instead of birdshot or other similar shot. At 7 foot around 2-3 inch spread and at 15 foot about 3-4 inch spread.

Here is the vid on how it spreads....its truly an awesome load.

Cool! Yes, that would definately do the job.