• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Houston area store posts 30.06 & 30.07 then gets robbed a week later

qednick

Glad no one was hurt. However,they did create the fish in a barrel, victim rich environment themselves.

Yup! The sad things is, instead of removing the signs, they'll probably post even more in the belief that the robbers didn't see them.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
I'm sure store management is at a loss to understand why people ignored those signs. Bigger signs should solve the problem. They also need bigger signs that say you are being video taped.

OC for ME

When the customers walked in, the second gunman took their phones, wallets and then forced them to the back of the store. The duo was able to do this to four different customers.
So, which of us would've tried to out draw the second thug? Hmm...I know, moot point since they had signs up and we don't patronize those places.

protias

Story is made up. No way this could have happened with those signs in place!

[video=youtube;ozJTenNzUKM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozJTenNzUKM[/video]

davidmcbeth

Banned
I'd rather have people stealing their $$ v. gov't lotto garbage.

Is that guy thinking he's 15 yrs old with the cap turned backwards?

I'm sure they'll catch them ... thieves are not the brightest bulbs.

Oh wait, their syrian refugees .. they just did not know it was wrong ..... gov't will give them a pass

Unocat

What, how dare they not heed the words on the sign. Just who do these criminals think they are.
It would not have happened tom me, because if I see a 30.06 and 30.07 I walk away. A convenience store with both posted is just asking for it.

Last edited: