• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Only Virginia Loves OC More Than Us

The Expert

I was just checking out the post counts for the various state-specific forums and only VA has more threads than us.

Do you think that this is a good indicator of how well loved Open Carry is on a state by state basis, or do people from other states just not end up here?

lil_freak_66

i say its a good indicator of which states are the most active,but many states have they're own forum,or have alot of open carriers that arent online alot,alaska comes to mind.

autosurgeon

As we found with the 2A March there are many folks that are all talk and will DO nothing when it comes to furthering rights....

However I see no need to make the forums into a contest for who posts the most.

B

Bikenut

As we found with the 2A March there are many folks that are all talk and will DO nothing when it comes to furthering rights....

-Yes, this is part of the human condition. The many want to enjoy the fruits... and the glamor and praise... from the work done by the few. It has always been this way since the dawn of time in every human endeavor from digging a ditch to changing the world. There are those who champion OC during every moment of everything they do every day....... and there are those who, for one reason or another, do very little. Yet, every positive bit helps and to demean those who don't do as much as those who do the most.............. is an insult since every effort forward, regardless of how big or small, advances the cause

Not to mention that once a person begins thinking that they are the only one's carrying the water....... shortly thereafter that person will feel used, begin to resent those who carry less water, lose interest, and set the bucket down. And then no water gets carried.

However I see no need to make the forums into a contest for who posts the most.

Anything that causes dissension amongst those who fight for OC.... is a win for those who fight against OC.

Actually, in my not so humble opinion likely to cause some folks to get upset, threads like this one are nothing more than another example of the adolescent "mine is bigger than yours" silliness we should have all left behind in school.

Sigh.... won't let me post inside a post unless I also post outside the post......

eastmeyers

I was just checking out the post counts for the various state-specific forums and only VA has more threads than us.

Do you think that this is a good indicator of how well loved Open Carry is on a state by state basis, or do people from other states just not end up here?

I have always looked at this, and wondered, but before you come out and make a statment like this please double check your "facts", Washington State has more posts and more threads than Michigan. So we are number three (#3) at least on OCDO.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?76-Stories-From-The-States

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Although Good Topic