• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

teemgreen99

Im sure everyone has noticed that during school hours speed limits in school zones are decreased usually by 10 mph, so why in the hell is it illegal to uoc after school hours in a school zone? what is the threat if i decide to walk by or even on school property at 8 oclock at night? 626.9 is a rediculous law to begin with but to enforce it 24/7 is just plain stupid.

JoeSparky

Centurion
Prohibiting the carry of a firearm in a school zone by ALL to prevent criminals shooting guns in schools is like banning ALL vehicles capable of exceeding the school speed limit to eliminate speeders in school zones!

Last edited:

Decoligny

Im sure everyone has noticed that during school hours speed limits in school zones are decreased usually by 10 mph, so why in the hell is it illegal to uoc after school hours in a school zone? what is the threat if i decide to walk by or even on school property at 8 oclock at night? 626.9 is a rediculous law to begin with but to enforce it 24/7 is just plain stupid.

You will notice that the speed limits are not decreased "during school hours", they are decreased "when children are present". That is what is on every school zone speed limit sign.

In the Section 22352 of the Vehicle Code even defines what "when children are present means"

"While Children are Present" means while children are going to or leaving the school either during school hours or during the noon recess period. It also applies when children are outside of a school which is not seperated from the roadway by a gate or a fence.

As to why the two laws are different, that is simple.

1. The legislature doesn't have any problem with you having a car, it only has a problem with your speeding where you might hit kids.

2. The legislature does have a problem with your having a gun, and wants to use whatever laws it can come up with to keep you from being able to carry a gun.

Trying to use logic on the CA Penal code is like trying to bathe a cat. It is very difficult and you will wind up worse off for the experience.