• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Suspicionless stops - Las Vegas's turn

timf343

Campaign Veteran
Tonight (Friday night), there will be a DUI roadblock at Flamingo & Boulder Hwy. Last time they had one there, it was the southbound lanes of Boulder Highway just north of Flamingo. No promises it'll be in the exact same location.

I'll be there, OC, protesting the erosion of our freedoms. I may also hold up some home made signs warning motorists of the roadblock.

Whether you support my position or not, take this opportunity to come out (OC, CC, or neither, your call) and witness what a police state looks like, and decide for yourself whether you feel safer having all those officers stopping thousands of innocent people in the name of "safety".

This will be the 6th DUI checkpoint I've been to in the last year, and in 100% of the cases, OCing has never been an issue.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

Good Roadblock, I like how we got them to measure it out and spraypaint each 100" marker on the road, thanks greengum and flagellum and crew (not mentioned) for showing up, was it more fun than you thought? ?

timf343

Campaign Veteran
I had a good time. For those who didn't join us, it's a great demonstration that Metro is well aware of your right to carry openly. Surrounded by cops and doing something they hate, we weren't bothered or harassed. In fact, police were polite and professional.

greengum

My sister and her friend had a blast as did I. I think they didn't really care about the checkpoint but they sure did love trolling the cops when we warned people of the upcoming checkpoint. I highly recommend everyone do this at least once.

The Big Guy

From the RJ

There was a little blurb in the paper today stating the roadblock had 3k+ vehicles pass through, 24 drivers tested, 14 arrested for "possible" DUI.

TBG

DON`T TREAD ON ME

Yes we have pics and vids, we are going to post the bulk of them on Guerrillalawfare.com but will put some good ones on here as well. Our first priority is to sort the footage for the IA complaint.

Merlin

Don't view late at night...

I think I woke up everyone in the house with a "Yeah!!!!!" that I couldn't contain. Thanks. :)

Edit:

ALso, I know this seems obvious, but I should state it anyway:

It's video like this that helps the rest of us know exactly how to act, and how to handle such situations. Oh, and I thought your timing on when to pick up the camera was epic. Deer in headlights. You seized the moment that the interogater overstepped, and made them aware that it was just captured. Very nice. I gotta put the video-record button on the front page of my phone.

Last edited:

jdholmes

I actually don't like this guys attitude...but that is just me...and I understand it is your right to object to the stops...

On a lighter note, it is actually really neat to watch the exact moment when you can see the Sarg give up...all of a sudden there is a look of defeat in her eyes and she knows she is getting nowhere...she asks one more time still...it is interesting to watch.

jfrey123

The supervisor coming up has a pretty good look on her face when he busts out the camera, right after she told him he had to answer the question... Legal gold!

HandyHamlet

Just want to express my thanks to those of you who chose to stand up for all our rights.

Well done and Thank You.