• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Introduction and question about public perception

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Ahhh i see

As to how to dress, well here on OCDO, the Missouri forum there is an unwritten rule that if you change your attire "ass-less chaps" are indeed the only acceptable alternative, you may then rock out with your glock out.

Due to age and body type, the general consensus remains that I should continue to dress "normal" instead.

I have noted folks in all forms of dress so to speak, from shorts and a tee shirt to slacks and a tie. I can be found in jeans, 511 cargo pants, shorts and a wide variety of shirts on any given day.

As far as which firearm, xd subcompact works well, springer full size 1911 fits the bill well also and if it is an upscale occasion you may find me with a 686 6 inch wearing my cowboy boots, it pretty well varies as dictated by my lovely maiden, she tends to want things to match and what not. She is in Detroit for a few weeks so rest assured, I may be spotted wearing blue shorts with a purple shirt and black tennis shoes for the simple reason that is what was on top in the drawers in her absence.

As far as how to draft a letter, opinions vary. I like the short and sweet bullet point type, no pun intended. Many of the reps get too much mail and have little time to read it. Short and clear notes send the message without clouding it up with extra words. example:

dear rep bob,

I have reviewed the bills going forward this year and sb 680 peaked my interest as I really like common sense laws and 680 makes sense. The idea that local politicians can make something illegal that is a protected right simply because of their geographic location in our state has always been stupid.

Thank you for supporting my views and correcting this problem and voting sb 680 into law and eliminating the confusion that the current law allows to exist.

It is appreciated and will be remembered,

that lmtd guy

Again, there is a lot of varied thoughts on it, but mine are always right, just ask me... :)

Others like longer versions, I save that for the forums.

Most importantly, understand that views around here are vast and folks can fuss a bit for a host of reasons so keep your skin thick and worry not, it is after all just the internet and staying up into the wee hours of the night just because someone is "wrong" on the internet, well it will just burn you out fast, especially if you argue with someone as relentless as myself who has near 0 stopping sense and can be quite unreasonable :)

IMHO, the key is to support the right of choice in your method of carry and do so loud and clear. It is actually not about openly carrying a firearm, it is about having the CHOICE to do so if it fits you and respecting all other responsible adults to make that choice for themselves. Many who support the effort indeed never OC as they have a preference of CC which is cool as well. I have attended OC events carrying concealed myself, a great many of them actually.

The point is simple, you should NOT be molested by the government for not hiding your gun in any location you are allowed to be in the great state of Missouri, it should be YOUR choice.

Welcome to the forum.

Last edited:

peterarthur

As to how to dress, well here on OCDO, the Missouri forum there is an unwritten rule that if you change your attire "ass-less chaps" are indeed the only acceptable alternative, you may then rock out with your glock out.

LMAO!!!!!! Ah, ah, ahhhhhhh, ohhhhhhhhhh, I am crying..... why was that so funny???

Where can I get THAT t-shirt?

MKEgal

OC for ME said:
Now I know why you got popped by those nitwit cops... you carry a Glock...
serves ya right... Glock, heck they ain't even Americun.;)
Except for the ones made in Georgia (the US state, not the European country).
And I've got a retired Milwaukee PD Glock, so I know they didn't used to be against good machinery. :rolleyes:
(Only seemed fair, after what they put me through.)