• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A funny pic of cop -- "stop resisting" OH. Rice gets booted fro NFL, this guy: medal

davidmcbeth

Banned
A funny pic of cop -- "stop resisting" OH. Rice gets booted fro NFL, this guy: medal

http://www.komonews.com/news/nation...-woman-pulled-her-from-traffic-274835041.html

I just found the whole story comical (sadly comical) ...

"The investigator says Pinnock suffered no signs of physical injury" ... I assume that the investigator is blind?

"The CHP has forwarded its excessive force investigation to prosecutors for potentially serious charges."... ROFL..we all believe that will happen...what investigation? Look at video and then arrest (10 seconds needed)

"An investigator says a California Highway Patrol officer videotaped repeatedly punching a woman" ... well I hope the investigator has a video to back up his claims !

"51-year-old Marlene Pinnock's" ... yes, a 51 year old female beating ... vs a steroid cretin ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnpT6GLk6a0

Vid ^^

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
I'm sure she WAS resisting...at the very least, it's culturally de rigueur. What happened BEFORE the beat-down? I can guess...

Being male or female doesn't matter: You don't cooperate with the police, obey their orders or go quietly, period. And you certainly don't stop running your mouth during the entire "encounter" either. That's just to be expected (and cops probably know that better than most "civilians" do, or want to admit).

Why people give cops ANY reason to get physical is beyond me, and it's just plain stupid (and suicidal) to provoke people with guns, tasers, batons and calling-in backup -- you can't win -- yet it happens all the time.

Last edited:

The Truth

I'm sure she WAS resisting...at the very least, it's culturally de rigueur. What happened BEFORE the beat-down? I can guess...

Being male or female doesn't matter: You don't cooperate with the police, obey their orders or go quietly, period. And you certainly don't stop running your mouth during the entire "encounter" either. That's just to be expected (and cops probably know that better than most "civilians" do, or want to admit).

Why people give cops ANY reason to get physical is beyond me, and it's just plain stupid (and suicidal) to provoke people with guns, tasers, batons and calling-in backup -- you can't win -- yet it happens all the time.

Most of them probably have some sort of PTSD from their upbringing in regards to authority.

IMO

twoskinsonemanns

People are tired of draconian laws and demeaning treatment by the gestapo.
Reminds me of those Texas road side anal and vaginal cavity searches inflicted on women after they were pulled over for throwing a cigarette out the window.
If I'm gonna be sexually assaulted on the side of the road by these nazi scum it will have to be after I've had my head bashed in or shot to death.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
As long police chiefs, prosecutors, courts and their rank and file protect the bad cops these kinds of incidences will continue on a regular basis.
And lets not forget the police unions.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Most of them probably have some sort of PTSD from their upbringing in regards to authority.

IMO

Do not confuse psychopathic tendencies with PTSD.

If you would like to see PTSD in action, check me out at the pig roast.

stay safe.

WalkingWolf

ALL people should be held accountable for violent acts, that includes police. There will be no trust in the police until this happens.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
IIRC, legally-speaking "mere words" said to someone -- no matter WHAT they are, even racial slurs -- are NO valid reason to respond physically to those words, regardless of how provoking/insulting they are. Legally speaking, they are "just words" and as the judges say so "no harm done" to you physically, so no reason to physically respond (so where does Verbal Assault come in I wonder).

But it real life, out on the street, "mere words" OFTEN get a physical response...from "some people" more than others, as it's a typical response from them. And often, it doesn't even take words: I recall back in TX, in the Greater Houston Metroplex area, if you even LOOKED at "some people" too long, or if they thought you were looking at them "wrong" they were ready to fight you. They'd be in-your-face pressing you while they called you every name under the sun. How SANE is that? It isn't, but it's reality in many places , especially "disadvantaged areas" of cities/towns.

Lots of people out there with attitudes and waiting to go off on someone...

So although "the law" (which is never there to REALLY protect you on the street when you NEED protection -- if you're not carrying your OWN protection, that is during an "incident") will hold accountable someone physically assaulting another who uses "mere words," out there on the street you'd BETTER be prepared for people assaulting you for "mere words" or for ANY reason, even NO reason -- with all the mental-case people out there on the streets nowadays.

I'm just saying in the "civilized" atmosphere of the courtroom -- when one is hauled-in there under assault charges -- ONE thing goes, but out there on the street, it's entirely the uncivilized opposite.

As for incidents with cops, I'd say MOST of them show great restraint not busting some belligerent obscenity-using name-calling loud-mouth's teeth out. Just look at the trash in prisons, how they talk to the staff (AND what they DO to them). NONE of the guards/staff should have to tolerate ANY of that crap. For evey one of them in prison, a hundred more exactly like them (trash) are out there on the street...and eventually, will meet Mr. Policeman (or US even). What happens then? As I said, I can guess...

I'm certainly not defending cops that go off on someone for no or little reason. OF COURSE they should be disciplined or fired! But most cops do NOT do that -- they take the "mere words." And as cops will tell you, MOST people TALK their way into going to jail...

Still, when a cop is on the receiving end of trash-talk (by "experts" mind you) then I'd say it's pretty hard to remain "civilized" and personally, I can't blame them for reacting. Only a "robo-cop" (I guess) would be free of that emotion to react.

PLENTY of people nowadays (since Day One really) can't behave without being FORCED to, and since they NEVER learn, force continuously needs to be applied. By someone. By the cops usually, but also perhaps by you and I, when they meet US in some sort of "incident."

Whose fault is that?

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

I fail to see what any of that has to do with this case. The officer was clearly an abusive SOB, it anybody deserved to have the poop knocked out of them it was him.

And if you really believe that words that are not threats are an invitation to violence you should not own a firearm, let alone carry.

The Truth

I was watching an episode of Drugs, Inc. on Netflix the other day and DEA sting op guys caught a crack dealer. They tackled him, pinned him down, and when he wouldn't stop squirming, they beat the sh!t out of him while he was pinned down. A solid beatdown, like 5 or 6 good ones to the face and 4 or 5 to the ribs, all while pinned on the ground. I couldn't believe they actually showed this footage on a Netflix documentary, because the documentary wasn't about police brutality - it was just about drugs.

I actually had to sit back and think about what I had just seen. On one hand, the crack dealer is a scumbag. Who cares if he gets his ass kicked? On the other hand, he is still a human, so it was still a little off-putting. It was kinda like watching WorldStar videos where a guy talks crap to another guy for 3 minutes, then he finally gets laid out and instead of feeling good about what you just watched, you just feel this empty weird feeling.

WalkingWolf

I was watching an episode of Drugs, Inc. on Netflix the other day and DEA sting op guys caught a crack dealer. They tackled him, pinned him down, and when he wouldn't stop squirming, they beat the sh!t out of him while he was pinned down. A solid beatdown, like 5 or 6 good ones to the face and 4 or 5 to the ribs, all while pinned on the ground. I couldn't believe they actually showed this footage on a Netflix documentary, because the documentary wasn't about police brutality - it was just about drugs.

I actually had to sit back and think about what I had just seen. On one hand, the crack dealer is a scumbag. Who cares if he gets his ass kicked? On the other hand, he is still a human, so it was still a little off-putting. It was kinda like watching WorldStar videos where a guy talks crap to another guy for 3 minutes, then he finally gets laid out and instead of feeling good about what you just watched, you just feel this empty weird feeling.
The problem is so much of the public has been conditioned to this, and as long as it is not them, they make excuses. Especially if the victim is black.

twoskinsonemanns

Drugs are bad...mm'kay?
Pretty much anything goes as long as it's in the name of the drug war.
What was it last predicted to be?.... 80,000 swat team missions a year in the US...

JoeSparky

Centurion
Is it possible the OP's use of the word "funny" was to be taken as "strange" instead of "ha,ha"?

I am reminded of the one my dearly departed father shared with me in the late 1960's right after Russia had invaded Czechoslovakia---

One Russian soldier turns to another and says, "They're fighting back, that is aggression, isn't it?"

Last edited:

state hater

Banned

You would have made a good death camp guard.

papa bear

IIRC, legally-speaking "mere words" said to someone -- no matter WHAT they are, even racial slurs -- are NO valid reason to respond physically to those words, regardless of how provoking/insulting they are. Legally speaking, they are "just words" and as the judges say so "no harm done" to you physically, so no reason to physically respond (so where does Verbal Assault come in I wonder).

But it real life, out on the street, "mere words" OFTEN get a physical response...from "some people" more than others, as it's a typical response from them. And often, it doesn't even take words: I recall back in TX, in the Greater Houston Metroplex area, if you even LOOKED at "some people" too long, or if they thought you were looking at them "wrong" they were ready to fight you. They'd be in-your-face pressing you while they called you every name under the sun. How SANE is that? It isn't, but it's reality in many places , especially "disadvantaged areas" of cities/towns.

Lots of people out there with attitudes and waiting to go off on someone...

So although "the law" (which is never there to REALLY protect you on the street when you NEED protection -- if you're not carrying your OWN protection, that is during an "incident") will hold accountable someone physically assaulting another who uses "mere words," out there on the street you'd BETTER be prepared for people assaulting you for "mere words" or for ANY reason, even NO reason -- with all the mental-case people out there on the streets nowadays.

I'm just saying in the "civilized" atmosphere of the courtroom -- when one is hauled-in there under assault charges -- ONE thing goes, but out there on the street, it's entirely the uncivilized opposite.

As for incidents with cops, I'd say MOST of them show great restraint not busting some belligerent obscenity-using name-calling loud-mouth's teeth out. Just look at the trash in prisons, how they talk to the staff (AND what they DO to them). NONE of the guards/staff should have to tolerate ANY of that crap. For evey one of them in prison, a hundred more exactly like them (trash) are out there on the street...and eventually, will meet Mr. Policeman (or US even). What happens then? As I said, I can guess...

I'm certainly not defending cops that go off on someone for no or little reason. OF COURSE they should be disciplined or fired! But most cops do NOT do that -- they take the "mere words." And as cops will tell you, MOST people TALK their way into going to jail...

Still, when a cop is on the receiving end of trash-talk (by "experts" mind you) then I'd say it's pretty hard to remain "civilized" and personally, I can't blame them for reacting. Only a "robo-cop" (I guess) would be free of that emotion to react.

PLENTY of people nowadays (since Day One really) can't behave without being FORCED to, and since they NEVER learn, force continuously needs to be applied. By someone. By the cops usually, but also perhaps by you and I, when they meet US in some sort of "incident."

Whose fault is that?

you can not be "FORCED" to do any thing. how you react is your choice. you will react professionally, and take it non personally. or you will find employment some where else.
just because someone does not bow and scrape to you. does not give you the right to go taliban on them. your prisoner is your responsibility, you are responsabile for their safety

OC for ME

But it real life, out on the street, "mere words" OFTEN get a physical response...
Well...
SECTION 210.210: PEACE DISTURBANCE

A person commits the offense of peace disturbance if:
1. He/she unreasonably and knowingly disturbs or alarms another person or persons by:
a. Loud noise;
b. Offensive language addressed in a face-to-face manner to a specific individual and uttered under circumstances which are likely to produce an immediate violent response from a reasonable recipient;
c. Threatening to commit a felonious act against any person under circumstances which are likely to cause a reasonable person to fear that such threat may be carried out;
d. Fighting; or
e. Creating a noxious and offensive odor.
2. He/she is in a public place or on private property of another without consent and purposely causes inconvenience to another person or persons by unreasonably and physically obstructing:
a. Vehicular or pedestrian traffic; or
b. The free ingress or egress to or from a public or private place.
This is how cops get away with putting a beat-down on those who hurt their "wittle feewings" by talking mean to them. No cop, who witnesses such a beat-down, will intercede on the behalf of the disrespectful citizen. Nope that cop will at a minimum stand back and secure the area, he may even call a supervisor.