• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lizzy's Green Cafe Fish Fry Dinner This Friday The 18th! Open Carry Encouraged!

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
RAK, you going to be raffling off that new pistol you ordered tonight?

added on edit; a chum of mine from madison (gasp) is hoping to meet us there. you gun toters dont scare him off now!
(he knows about OC, been a chum of mine for 20 yrs now)

No raffling tonight! At least not from me... :) I think I will have the fish sandwich and fries tonight!

oak1971

Hopefully I will be able to start attending again soon, I have had 1 interview with Insinkerator and will have a 2hr interview with them on Feb 25th.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Hopefully I will be able to start attending again soon, I have had 1 interview with Insinkerator and will have a 2hr interview with them on Feb 25th.

We definitely miss you and Oldschool at Lizzy's. I know Oldschool works on Fish Fry night and can't make those dinners. It is good to have a job though so we definitely understand!

Good luck with the job Oak! I hope you get it!

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Wish I could have made it

I had to work to make money to keep my collection one or two steps ahead of Rac's

What can I say I like guns
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TC2xTCb_GU

I like guns too!

This past week I looked at eleven Ruger revolvers, all single action Blackhawk, Vaquero and Super Blackhawk...oh and one Single Six. Now I figure if I can get ALL of them I may get an edge on your collection. :)
Oh, and today I actually found a Kel-Tec RFB in stock at a local gun store. I think that will be next on my list. Do you have one of those? Hmm...you probably have two! Expensive!
LINK: http://www.keltecweapons.com/our-guns/rifles/rfb/

oldschool

I like guns too!

This past week I looked at eleven Ruger revolvers, all single action Blackhawk, Vaquero and Super Blackhawk...oh and one Single Six. Now I figure if I can get ALL of them I may get an edge on your collection. :)
Oh, and today I actually found a Kel-Tec RFB in stock at a local gun store. I think that will be next on my list. Do you have one of those? Hmm...you probably have two! Expensive!
LINK: http://www.keltecweapons.com/our-guns/rifles/rfb/

Actually I don't have any thing like that .....................yet.....

oldschool

Got a Phoenix Arms .22 auto on the way just for the heck of it. Next is going to be a tactical shotgun .

I think you will have me beat on Ruger single action soon. but I am looking for a stainless Vaquero.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Kel Tec Shotty!

Got a Phoenix Arms .22 auto on the way just for the heck of it. Next is going to be a tactical shotgun .

I think you will have me beat on Ruger single action soon. but I am looking for a stainless Vaquero.

Hey, check out the Kel-Tec shotgun! LINK: http://www.keltecweapons.com/news/preview-kel-tec-shotgun-ksg/

Saving up for that shotgun now! The race is on to see who gets one first! :)

Hmm...right now I only have two single action Rugers. Both Blackhawks, one .41 magnum and one .44 magnum. I really like the .45 Colt single actions made by Ruger. Built like tanks and shoot great!

Did you check out the Stainless Vaquero I posted about on the "Something interesting happened to me at...." page? On the Ruger website if you click on "Distributor Exclusives" you will see a bunch of revolvers both blued and stainless that are available. The one I ordered was one of those on the Super Blackhawk page of Distributor Exclusives. Ah.....41 Magnum Stainless SUPER BLACKHAWK! I know you don't have one of those! :)

oldschool

Hey, check out the Kel-Tec shotgun! LINK: http://www.keltecweapons.com/news/preview-kel-tec-shotgun-ksg/

Saving up for that shotgun now! The race is on to see who gets one first! :)

Hmm...right now I only have two single action Rugers. Both Blackhawks, one .41 magnum and one .44 magnum. I really like the .45 Colt single actions made by Ruger. Built like tanks and shoot great!

Did you check out the Stainless Vaquero I posted about on the "Something interesting happened to me at...." page? On the Ruger website if you click on "Distributor Exclusives" you will see a bunch of revolvers both blued and stainless that are available. The one I ordered was one of those on the Super Blackhawk page of Distributor Exclusives. Ah.....41 Magnum Stainless SUPER BLACKHAWK! I know you don't have one of those! :)

No .41 mags at all. still kicking myself for passing up S&W 57 for $399 two year ago $60 a box ammo sticker shook scared me away

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
No .41 mags at all. still kicking myself for passing up S&W 57 for $399 two year ago $60 a box ammo sticker shook scared me away

Wow, you had a chance to get a model 57 for $399! That was a great price! I picked up a Stainless Redhawk in .41 Magnum new in the box for $360 back in 1998. Never fired it!

The ammo is expensive and I have never purchased a box of .41 magnum ammo. Never. I have always loaded my own. Heck, when I bought my Ruger Blackhawk in .41 magnum the gun shop "gave" me a box of ammo. I shot that box and didn't shoot it again until 1993. That's when I started reloading with a progressive press....Dillon RL 550B and that is how I afforded shooting the .41 magnum. Hornady XTP 210 grain bullets are amazing.

Hey, I just realized I have TWO guns you don't have! :)

oldschool

Wow, you had a chance to get a model 57 for $399! That was a great price! I picked up a Stainless Redhawk in .41 Magnum new in the box for $360 back in 1998. Never fired it!

The ammo is expensive and I have never purchased a box of .41 magnum ammo. Never. I have always loaded my own. Heck, when I bought my Ruger Blackhawk in .41 magnum the gun shop "gave" me a box of ammo. I shot that box and didn't shoot it again until 1993. That's when I started reloading with a progressive press....Dillon RL 550B and that is how I afforded shooting the .41 magnum. Hornady XTP 210 grain bullets are amazing.

Yeah didnt think of it till after to cheek wis cartridge co price. Went back the next weekend but of course it was gone.

Hey, I just realized I have TWO guns you don't have! :)

Im sure if you look deep enough in your safe you may find one or two more

M

McX

OUTSTANDING EVENT< AS ALWAYS!!! Good to see everyone. special appearances too by Aaron, and MKE- it was truly a Quinn/Martin Production. Missed, and noted those who couldnt attend; Oak, and Oldschool. I found a new method that nearly paid off on me getting a 1911 from a fellow compatriot; while shaking hands with the right hand, reaching over with the left towards a gleaming 1911. But my plan was quickly discovered, and everyone was wise to it there after. my next plan is to coat the palm of the 1911 grasping hand with super-glue, to ensure if i get a grip, i keep it. Great to see everybody, these moments will live within my heart and mind forever.

Added on edit: Rak and Oldschool you are in violation of the Neutral Zone Treaty- turn over ALL your guns to me for safekeeping immediately.

Last edited:

oldschool

OUTSTANDING EVENT< AS ALWAYS!!! Good to see everyone. special appearances too by Aaron, and MKE- it was truly a Quinn/Martin Production. Missed, and noted those who couldnt attend; Oak, and Oldschool. I found a new method that nearly paid off on me getting a 1911 from a fellow compatriot; while shaking hands with the right hand, reaching over with the left towards a gleaming 1911. But my plan was quickly discovered, and everyone was wise to it there after. my next plan is to coat the palm of the 1911 grasping hand with super-glue, to ensure if i get a grip, i keep it. Great to see everybody, these moments will live within my heart and mind forever.

Added on edit: Rak and Oldschool you are in violation of the Neutral Zone Treaty- turn over ALL your guns to me for safekeeping immediately.

you would be wise to let this arms race play its self out and then confiscate the weapons

protias

No worries about me McX. I probably will never have a 1911. ;)

Dang, I don't see why North East Indiana has none of these get togethers. They really are a benefit to the OC cause. ie; public awareness.
I remember a get together in Indy last year, but that didn't go so well. :(