• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Being Honest Here

DCKilla

I have to be honest about something. I haven't been as active as in the past. As of this moment, my pistol is being held by a certain PD in my area. I haven't been carrying in about 2 months because of this. This PD arrested me for disorderly conduct for no reason except for carrying my pistol. Fortunately, I was able to retain my firearms permit. I will not give details as of yet. I haven't been convicted at this time, trial pending. Please, forgive me for keeping this from you guys.

MSRebel54

This PD arrested me for disorderly conduct for no reason except for carrying my pistol. .

That's absurd. You mean they arrested you under 97-35-3 ? And I quote:

Whoever with INTENT to provoke a breach of the peace....

Did you INTEND to provoke a breach of the peace by wearing a sidearm? By what evidence do they have that you INTENDED to do so? Simply WEARING a sidearm is not breaching the peace.

I know you want your gun back, and you'll probably do what they say, but I hope you slay them.

Aknazer

That's absurd. You mean they arrested you under 97-35-3 ? And I quote:

Whoever with INTENT to provoke a breach of the peace....

Did you INTEND to provoke a breach of the peace by wearing a sidearm? By what evidence do they have that you INTENDED to do so? Simply WEARING a sidearm is not breaching the peace.

I know you want your gun back, and you'll probably do what they say, but I hope you slay them.

You should be careful with your choice of words as someone might get the wrong idea by you saying "slay." I'm sure you mean it figuratively but antis do read the board and might try to use it literally.

MSRebel54

You should be careful with your choice of words as someone might get the wrong idea by you saying "slay." I'm sure you mean it figuratively but antis do read the board and might try to use it literally.

Of COURSE I mean it figuratively! I wouldn't have thought ANYONE would have misunderstood that! But thanks for pointing that out to me!

DCKilla

After next week, I'll be able to tell you guys about what happened in court this week and about my arrest.