• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hope nobody renewed their Champions Arms Membership

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Last edited:

amlevin

Isn't one of our forum members the "General Manager" there?

I find it interesting that shops like this find themselves in deep "guano" with all the "knowlege and technology" at their fingertips yet the old fashioned shops that have been in business for what seems like forever avoid the problems with the ATF.

"High Volume" doesn't always mean lots of problems with "crime guns". Let's face it, there's more pressure from the Government on "illegal guns" and those who want to be lax in their record keeping and procedures will more likely than not end up in the same situation.

How many times have we read right here on this Forum, whenever new gun laws are proposed, the statement "Just enforce the ones we have"?

Maybe "GoGo" and "M-1" can fill us all in with the "inside scoop".

spikedzombies

If I remember one of the members here is the manager and has been for a few months/year now.. Wonder if he knew what he was walking into...

"Sent Via Time Traveling Blue Police Box"

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Isn't one of our forum members the "General Manager" there?

I find it interesting that shops like this find themselves in deep "guano" with all the "knowlege and technology" at their fingertips yet the old fashioned shops that have been in business for what seems like forever avoid the problems with the ATF.

"High Volume" doesn't always mean lots of problems with "crime guns". Let's face it, there's more pressure from the Government on "illegal guns" and those who want to be lax in their record keeping and procedures will more likely than not end up in the same situation.

How many times have we read right here on this Forum, whenever new gun laws are proposed, the statement "Just enforce the ones we have"?

Maybe "GoGo" and "M-1" can fill us all in with the "inside scoop".

A manager might not necessarily control what an owner is doing, from I hear the manager bailed maybe he knew something ahead of time.

I parted ways in the middle of October. The license problems were from 2009 and before. I had no control over the past license issues, nor the direction the owner is taking the business.

Last edited:

conandan

That sucks... I like going over there and using their range. And they were very nice people .

skyisfalling

Place is up for sale, and according to King 5 might be closed in a few days

www.king5.com/news/investigators/Pawn-shop-tops--179196361.html

Way to bad of mojo from that place according to atf and news investigation

"Sent via a teleportation device"

This is exactly the type of "news" story that was running non-stop in the 80's & 90's throughout California.

Have 'ya all been to a Kali gun shop lately? No merchandise. Just a little ammo, some junk .22 long rifles leaning against the wall and clothing.
They may be able to order you a gun, as long as you have a permit to buy, take a class, take a test and oh yes, that gun better not have any "evil"
features.

Last edited:

SeattleWingsfan

I can understand having a few forms get missplaced or filled out wrong. And I mean a few, it can get hectic sometimes in a store and maybe paperwork gets set down behind the counter and they help someone else, ends up in another pile of papers.

But how do you loose 58 guns??? Stories like these, give ammo so to speak to people wanting more gun control. How easy is it for them to say if a gun shop can't control it's inventory and abide to law. They coud say "Imagine how many crime guns are sold person to person..."

Jeff Hayes

I am amazed at how many of you are so conditioned that you immediately agree that the paper work was filled out incorrectly when you should be saying why is this paperwork required in the first place. Most of you have gotten so used to the required paper work you now think it is OK.

Freedom slips away an inch at a time.

SeattleWingsfan

Orphan,

I prefer your way of thinking. It's a hard sell to spin it and say why is any of it needed. Even if that makes sense to many of us. We are by far the minority. So many people are willing to have the paperwork to appease the ones that don't even think we should have guns. You add those two groups together and sadly they far out number us. All the more reason why things like this shouldn't happen so we can move forward with things like constitutional carry and less restrictions on sales.

hermannr

I became a legal adult before the forms, the prohibited persons, the GCA68...I was in Vietnam when the GCA68 was passed...but I will tell you, there was less "gun crime" (as they like to all it...crime committed using a firearm) then, then there is now.

I attribute most of this crime to another misguided law The CSA 1970. both should just go away.

I agree with Orphan, even the gun owners have come to accept something as normal that shoul not be at all.

Oh yes, and the voters of WA have just elected Lowry's clone as gov...I'm almost glad my time on earth is getting to it's end, but I feel for my kids and grandkids

Last edited:

Bill Starks

State Researcher
from the Champion Arms website:

Many of you may have seen the Video on King 5, news. We at Champion Arms want to let you know that the range and all classes will continue as normal. The store will be under new ownership operating as Champion Arms, LLC in the same Kent location. Contrary to the way the King 5 broadcast might lead viewers to believe, Champion Arms had administrative problems with paperwork and was not alleged to have sold firearms to criminals or inappropriate persons.

The range, classes and all memberships and passes will still be honored.

Jeff Hayes

Orphan,

I prefer your way of thinking. It's a hard sell to spin it and say why is any of it needed. Even if that makes sense to many of us. We are by far the minority. So many people are willing to have the paperwork to appease the ones that don't even think we should have guns. You add those two groups together and sadly they far out number us. All the more reason why things like this shouldn't happen so we can move forward with things like constitutional carry and less restrictions on sales.

Agreed, we are the minority unfortunately. I just ask that people think before they respond with their knee jerk reaction. It s an uphill battle but a worthy battle none the less. Remember training is what you will fall back on every time and we have been well trained.

Last edited:

Jeff Hayes

Many of you may have seen the Video on King 5, news. We at Champion Arms want to let you know that the range and all classes will continue as normal. The store will be under new ownership operating as Champion Arms, LLC in the same Kent location. Contrary to the way the King 5 broadcast might lead viewers to believe, Champion Arms had administrative problems with paperwork and was not alleged to have sold firearms to criminals or inappropriate persons.

Thanks Bill

sudden valley gunner

I parted ways in the middle of October. The license problems were from 2009 and before. I had no control over the past license issues, nor the direction the owner is taking the business.

Yeagers had a similar problem up here several years ago, the rumors were running wild, like they were selling to underage kids and Canadians.....it was just stupid licensing issue an error on filling out the paper work.

Hope you didn't think I was insinuating you had anything to do with anything from my post.

Thanks Bill, wouldn't expect the media to get the facts straight.

amlevin

Oh yes, and the voters of WA have just elected Lowry's clone as gov...I'm almost glad my time on earth is getting to it's end, but I feel for my kids and grandkids

Lots of us "old timers" say this too. Unfortunately, when talking to a lot of "kids and grandkids" that make up the younger generation, many of them support the philosophy of today's Democrats.

As for the "Forms" and bureaucracy associated with gun purchases, doing away with it will never gain any traction. It's pretty widely accepted that some people should not be able to own firearms, either due to their past actions, or their mental state. In order to sort them out, paperwork and background checks will be a way of life.

All I can say is that in 50 years of buying guns I've never been "inconvenienced" more than 20 minutes or so when buying from a Dealer. In 2010, over 78,000 firearm purchase attempts were denied. This was less than .5% of all purchases so no matter what "we" think, the fact that 78,000 who should not have had firearms at least were denied the ability to obtain them from legal sources.

Now if only the "legal gun owners" would just keep them secured properly there'd be less available from "illegal" sources.

The case of Ben's Loads and Champion Arms should be a clear message to other FFL's. If you kept sloppy records it might be a good time to clean them up if you can.

Yeah I know, opinions vary. This one's mine and I'm keeping it.