• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rockford Supt weapons would make schools more dangerous

OC4me

486016_437264786353708_1171267095_n.jpg

If I wanted to be a smart*ss, I'd print the above image on a T-shirt and give it to my 6-year-old daughter to wear to school but of course that would result in her suspension, go figure!

Last edited:

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
Geeesh - raggs said 6000 pop. People - I took his numbers to be correct. He was speaking directly to the town population & not the "district's"... but thanks for setting us straight on district population. A salary of $290,000 is very good money for a very small district compared to many others in MI.

$290,000 is a great salary for a job that would command $150,000 in the private sector....

If he had to get a REAL job, he'd be in for sticker shock. Clowns don't make that much.

Your tax dollars at work...

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
290,445 (income)/[strike]39,375[/strike] 8,048 (population) = [strike]7.37638095238[/strike] $36.09.

http://www.education.com/schoolfinder/us/michigan/district/rockford-school-district/

Although I think that Raggs, FreeInAZ, and I referring to the population (the # of people) who live within the school district boundaries as opposed to the # of students is valid, I do see your point.

BTW: Citation for my data: http://nces.ed.gov/surveys/sdds/framework/tables.aspx?ds=census&y=2010

Under "data tables", select "Census 2010", select "School District" under "Geography", then "MI", then "Rockford Public Schools"

Last edited:

OC for ME

Although I think that Raggs, FreeInAZ, and I referring to the population (the # of people) who live within the school district boundaries as opposed to the # of students is valid, I do see your point.

BTW: Citation for my data: http://nces.ed.gov/surveys/sdds/framework/tables.aspx?ds=census&y=2010

Under "data tables", select "Census 2010", select "School District" under "Geography", then "MI", then "Rockford Public Schools"
I am not disputing your numbers. Kids don't pay in to the system that supports (provides) their education. So, your tax dollars are "technically" divided up to support X number of students......if it were only that simple.

Fun math fact:

One bureaucrat gets paid what six actual teachers get paid. Unfortunately the bureaucrat is teaching your kid far more than any teacher via his personal anti-liberty biases and fear of litigation. Evidence the truth of my words with the suspension of a little kid for a deadly pop-tart.

FreeInAZ

Snip....Evidence the truth of my words with the suspension of a little kid for a deadly pop-tart.

Well had that kid not secured & transported said "pop-tart" gun in a safe way; it might of fell into the hands/mouth of some diabetic kid & caused a spike in their blood sugar level....:rolleyes: Not only is the cry "what about the children" it should be: "what about the :diabetic, lactose intolerant, yada, yada, yada...." :what::what:

The kids should all have 4X4 cells that the admins can dole out what they need via food slots. No fuss, no muss & the key - NO Independent thought! /sacrasm off now. For God's sake- when I was a kid the playground was asphalt, the playsets were all steel & hell they even let us hurtle snow tires at each other. No one died to my knowledge. :D

Last edited: