• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

9 Sheriffs Beat Father To Death then Steal Cameras

tru.r.than.ruger

The thug gang called Kern County Sheriffs Department goes full Nazi and beats someone to death with billy clubs. Kern County Sheriff Donny Youngblood holds a news conference Tuesday afternoon at the Norris Road headquarters regarding his request that the FBI analyze the two cell phones seized in connection with the in-custody death of David Silva. Specifically, Youngblood requested the FBI conduct a forensic analysis of the contents of the cell phones. He's also asked the FBI to more generally investigate the circumstances surrounding Silva's death.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qcof6Gq0VHM

Responding to what he called a case that "has consumed the media and our community," Kern County Sheriff Donny Youngblood said Tuesday he has asked the FBI to conduct a "parallel" investigation into the death of Bakersfield father of four David Sal Silva, who died May 8 after he was beaten by deputies. Youngblood's call to the FBI — he termed it "unprecedented" — was made after it was discovered that video evidence expected to be found on one of two cell phones confiscated last week from witnesses was not present on the phone.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
The "headline" for this post is intentionally provocative and pretty much unsupported by the facts.

While there is a kernnel of truth to the post (which is a transcript of a part of a YouTube blog dedicated to "exposing" police misdeeds) it omits many details. It also fails to link to anything that shows
1- why the guy was beaten in the first place (not saying I support the beating, just that there is more to the story)
2 - that the death was ruled not immediately caused by the beating. Lots of contributory factors at play, any of which singly or in combination, could be the cause of death
3 - that the cell phones were seized in compliance with a search warrant
4 - that the Sheriff has taken steps to prevent any claim of cover-up

Brown stuff happens and many times LEOs do act like jack-booted thugs. I'm not yet convinced this was one of those times, even though I disagree with how the cops dealt with the situation that led up to this incident. The Sheriff is not sweeping anything under the rug.

So how about we wait to see what the results of the FBI investigation are, and what the Sheriff does in response to that?

stay safe.

WalkingWolf

Those factors (heart disease) do not matter, unless the coroner can prove the man would have died that day, that time without any police interaction. A illegal homicide is a illegal homicide no matter what the persons health issues are. So far from what I have seen the deputies should be charged with manslaughter. From my own health I can clearly say if he was in that bad of shape he could have put up NO fight, even on drugs. When the heart is that damaged it cannot pump enough blood to supply oxygen to the muscles to fight. If anyone has had a heart attack knows that a severe one feels like pulling a plug on blow up Christmas ornament, there is no fight. I know I died 8 years ago and they brought me back. There is no way he was fighting if his heart was that bad.

They caused his death, the question is whether it was justified.

Last edited:

sraacke

The thread caught my attention since I couldn't figure out why 9 elected officials from 9 different counties would all focus their energies on one poor guy for a beating and then stealing his cameras. Turns out that it wasn't 9 Sheriffs but several Deputies from the same department and they weren't taking his high dollar pan/zoom/tilt digital surveillance system for some personal use or to pawn on Ebay. I'm so disappointed.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I don't think that there is any doubt that a civil case would have merit going to trial...jeepers, ya hogtie someone and drop him a few times .. big fat guy ... is like hitting him with a 50 # sledgehammer

and yes, cops have been known to mistreat folks who are partially or fully incapacitated .. I can attest to that hahahaha....oww

Gunslinger

The "headline" for this post is intentionally provocative and pretty much unsupported by the facts.

While there is a kernnel of truth to the post (which is a transcript of a part of a YouTube blog dedicated to "exposing" police misdeeds) it omits many details. It also fails to link to anything that shows
1- why the guy was beaten in the first place (not saying I support the beating, just that there is more to the story)
2 - that the death was ruled not immediately caused by the beating. Lots of contributory factors at play, any of which singly or in combination, could be the cause of death
3 - that the cell phones were seized in compliance with a search warrant
4 - that the Sheriff has taken steps to prevent any claim of cover-up

Brown stuff happens and many times LEOs do act like jack-booted thugs. I'm not yet convinced this was one of those times, even though I disagree with how the cops dealt with the situation that led up to this incident. The Sheriff is not sweeping anything under the rug.

So how about we wait to see what the results of the FBI investigation are, and what the Sheriff does in response to that?

stay safe.

BS. Here is a "mainstream" media report http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRZMNLnSXiM Perhaps after watching it you will see the details you think omitted.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
BS. Here is a "mainstream" media report http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRZMNLnSXiM Perhaps after watching it you will see the details you think omitted.

Note to self: if you ever video police misconduct, immediately up-load the video to social media, or off-load to storage, in case the cops come with a warrant to seize it.

I wonder if the cops who did the beating were the one's who went to the house for the phones and obtained the search warrant.

The detective from Prof. James Duane's video comes back to mind. He said he didn't need a recording of an interrogation--his testimony is the evidence. He erases the recorded tape after the interview. So, if police testimony is all that is required, why were the Kern Co. cops so keen to seize the phones for their video? Are we really supposed to believe that the cops who went to the house and later obtained a search warrant were actually investigating the cops who arrested Silva?