• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Went to Lizzy's again

oak1971

Didn't see any other OC'ers there, but had good food and a good conversation with Adam. Great guy.

Took my Les Baer with this outing.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
A Few Of US Will Be Eating There Tomorrow Around 12. Join Us!

Three or four of us are planning to eat at Lizzy's tomorrow at 12. Anyone want to join us? So far it will be me and two of the "Madison 5" as well as possibly some of our kids.

Great place to eat and Adam, Lizzy and the rest of the staff are great!

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
We had lunch at Lizzy's today and it was great!

Around noon, myself, McX, McX's oldest son and Springfield 1911 all visited with Lizzy, Adam and the staff for lunch today. As usual the food was excellent and the company even better (if that is possible :) ) . After lunch all of us including Adam went to the gun range right down the road and spent about 4 hours shooting. We met some great people there including a young man from Russia who escaped and made it to this country as a young teen. He lives in Illinois but shoots in Wisconsin due to the "more" draconian gun laws in Illinois. Now that we know there is a great range only a few miles from Lizzy's Green Cafe we can shoot and eat or eat and shoot.

Today was the last day for regular use of the rifle/handgun range but it will reopen in March.

We are once again having dinner this Friday night at Lizzy's for the fish fry. We will post another announcement in a new thread for this coming Fish Fry Friday At Lizzy's!

M

McX

i wonder if Lizzy's offers gift certificates, since were starting to live there so much and all. sorry, the range is a secret place, known only to a select few.

oak1971

It's a members club only range, You are allowed a guest visit x 2 after that you either join or you don't shoot there any longer.

http://wisportsman.com/Home_Page.html

The range is closed. The next three weekends will be deer gun sight in only. (open to the public)

I used to be a member there. I go to Bristol now. It's open year round. I keep hoping for another, better place but no luck.

I told Adam he needs to build one. :)

M

McX

Lizzy's is a great place to study those who study you;

stepped outside at the end of the meal to smoke. evening time. bar next door, one time there, some of the bar patrons oozed out onto the walk to smoke. they said nothing, but knew we were there. we smoked and went on.

other day, people either smoking or waiting for seating outside, mixed group. we gaggled out to smoke, and plan the routes to the range, important stuff like that. they observed us, and only one spoke the whole time of us. they remarked: safest place in town.

see people sometimes on their cellphones, no cops come- kudos to K-town sheriff for that at least. then again citizens may be calling home, one never knows until time passes.

nothing bad, absolutely nothing bad

If we were any more welcome there we would own the place!

oak1971

Have you checked out Racine COunty Line Rifle Club?. You have to volunteer some time, but it's the best range in the area in my eyes.

Shot there a few times. Seems ok. I just want a place with less Elmer Fudd's and more action oriented folks. Bristol is decent, not perfect but decent. I won't really be happy till I have my own little range like I did growing up. I can still have things my way at our hunting land, but it's a long drive just to shoot. Yes, I'm spoiled.