• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Caucus Day in El Paso County

since9

Campaign Veteran
Almost 11,000 showed up, which is about 1.76%. Results of the straw poll:

El Paso Speaks: It's Santorum. Romney leads early, but El Paso's 11,000 Caucus-goers sway the state. With all 199 precincts reported by midnight, Senator Rick Santorum's victory in Colorado gave him a three-state sweep that included Minnesota and Missouri.

Final numbers:

Santorum: 5168
Romney: 3378
Gingrich: 1068
Paul: 1068
Other/write-in: 21

Total: 10945

Linky

By the way, if you like our new website, you're welcome! :) I spent the weekend cleaning it up.

manveru

santorums, the man, he's the best conservative in the running and flip flop romney isn't a conservative, i don't care what he says. In my eyes romneys just the same as obama but with an r behind his name.

manveru

You must be talking about Ron Paul.

nope i said best, ron paul fits into the category of politicians i dislike. He's an old git who's been a politician for longer than i've been alive. Not to mention he likes to wear a tin foil hat and the odds of him getting elected to a second term are low just because of his age. He'd be in his 80's. so yes santorum is the best.

skopro

You must be crazy.. Santorum?! hes an idiot; literally. But thats just my opinion. Ron Paul at least gets it.
This country is headed into a dark deep place that reminds me of why my family ran away from Poland back in 1988.
I guess i'll be moving back there if things continue on the current path.

manveru

You must be crazy.. Santorum?! hes an idiot; literally. But thats just my opinion. Ron Paul at least gets it.
This country is headed into a dark deep place that reminds me of why my family ran away from Poland back in 1988.
I guess i'll be moving back there if things continue on the current path.

you'd be crazy to vote for someone who already has one foot in the grave. santorum is the best moral conservative option in the running unless you want to vote for an old git that will probably be too old to run for a second term

skopro

you'd be crazy to vote for someone who already has one foot in the grave. santorum is the best moral conservative option in the running unless you want to vote for an old git that will probably be too old to run for a second term

I'd give him a term to see if his strategy works. We need less govt not more.
You mean the moral conservative who thinks absolutely nothing about veterans who happen to be gay? . I believe in ppl being who they are
and i accept them for that no matter what. Someone who thinks people should be "fixed" has messed up morals. If you wanna go to war with Iran then
vote for him, i guarantee it'll happen. Its time for the US to stop being the policing force of the world for resources. If you think we've gone into countries to "help oppressed"
people than why aren't we in Syria?! This is what this country has become, it's the laughing stock of the world sorry to say. I think Ron Paul is the only one who has the right
idea. This is how the US is viewed and its sad. This country is becoming like the British empire that the American settlers fought against. Anyway rant off..getting too political in here.

manveru

I'd give him a term to see if his strategy works. We need less govt not more.
You mean the moral conservative who thinks absolutely nothing about veterans who happen to be gay? . I believe in ppl being who they are
and i accept them for that no matter what. Someone who thinks people should be "fixed" has messed up morals. If you wanna go to war with Iran then
vote for him, i guarantee it'll happen. Its time for the US to stop being the policing force of the world for resources. If you think we've gone into countries to "help oppressed"
people than why aren't we in Syria?! This is what this country has become, it's the laughing stock of the world sorry to say. I think Ron Paul is the only one who has the right
idea. This is how the US is viewed and its sad. This country is becoming like the British empire that the American settlers fought against. Anyway rant off..getting too political in here.

and your proof of this is where? i know i've never heard of it, and i'm sure if you read it on the internet it must be true lol. and imo war with iran is just a matter of time, and i'd support it.

skopro

My proof is i grew up partly in communist Poland.. Ive seen the path that my country took and the tells are the same here. So you would support the war with Iran right?
What you just repeating what you heard on tv or the internet too? I at least know what its like living with the fear of being hauled away.

Beau

You must be talking about Ron Paul.
This was my thought too.

Why would that be crazy?? Paul is probably healthier than most Americans half his age. Even if he did die while in office I would take whatever time he had to try and do this country some good over 4 years of one of the other candidates.

manveru

ron paul will not get the republican nomination, the caucuses are evidence of that. your options are pretty much santorum, gingrich, or romney. Of those three i believe santorum would be the best followed by gingrich, and romney in my eyes isn't any better than obama

Last edited:

JamesB

ron paul will not get the republican nomination, the caucuses are evidence of that. your options are pretty much santorum, gingrich, or romney. Of those three i believe santorum would be the best followed by gingrich, and romney in my eyes isn't any better than obama

Personally I really don't care who gets the nomination. My choice is still mine. Many other people do not make many of the same choices as I do, like the choice to open carry for example. I am in the far minority of the population just with that one choice.

The number of people who have told me in the past, "I would vote for_____ but he's not one of the top two." Honestly I think if people voted for who they actually wanted instead of who thier party told them to, we would already have had a "third party" president.

I'm still voting Ron Paul.

Beau

Personally I really don't care who gets the nomination. My choice is still mine. Many other people do not make many of the same choices as I do, like the choice to open carry for example. I am in the far minority of the population just with that one choice.

The number of people who have told me in the past, "I would vote for_____ but he's not one of the top two." Honestly I think if people voted for who they actually wanted instead of who thier party told them to, we would already have had a "third party" president.

I'm still voting Ron Paul.

Agreed. If I had a dollar for every time someone said x candidate can't win so I won't vote for them I could almost put a kid through college.

If i didn't vote for who I believed in I would consider myself a sellout to myself and my country.

I Tapatalked this.

manveru

you do realize in reality a vote not for the republican candidate is a win for the democrats right. believe what you want but the reality of it is its still a two party system. The only way i see a third party having a chance would be if the tea party actually became a party. But then that would also be a win for liberal democrats because then the conservative vote could be split between the tea party and the republican party while. all the liberal votes would still be for one candidate.

JamesB

you do realize in reality a vote not for the republican candidate is a win for the democrats right. believe what you want but the reality of it is its still a two party system. The only way i see a third party having a chance would be if the tea party actually became a party. But then that would also be a win for liberal democrats because then the conservative vote could be split between the tea party and the republican party while. all the liberal votes would still be for one candidate.

I've thought about that for quite some time and because of that, I hope that you will join me in contacting your local voter registrar to switch your affiliation to (D). That way you can vote in thier primaries for someone that sucks and is an easy victory for the party you really want to win...

Still voting Ron Paul!