• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2012 Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot

flb_78

Anyone else going this Oct 12-14?

I'll be there on Saturday and have a couple friends coming down from Illinois to enjoy our freedom.

09jisaac

Too bad, I was going to be jumping out of planes that weekend around Dayton, Ohio.

I almost wish I wasn't going to do that now.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Too bad, I was going to be jumping out of planes that weekend around Dayton, Ohio.

I almost wish I wasn't going to do that now.

If you want to clear yourself of the conflict once and for all, just clean a couple of the darned things.

That is to say, full-auto is fun, so fun. Until you have to thoroughly clean a couple of gas-operated MGs. Spend a couple days smelling BreakFree while scrubbing endlessly and suddenly you're cured. A couple more days waiting for the black trim around and under your fingernails to disappear confirms the cure.

:)

KYGlockster

Activist Member
There is a simple solution to your problem. Just go to Knob Creek and rent a machinegun, shoot it and hand it back to the owner. Great fun, no maintanence, no smell and no dirty hands.

Now that is my idea of a good day at the range. I love to shoot firearms, but I can't stand cleaning them afterwards. I am really thinking about attending this event this time around -- the weather permitting of course. Is Knob Creek as large as everyone makes it sound?

DrakeZ07

I'll be there working. I'm doing courtesy cart this year, giving people rides to and from their vehicles.

I've noticed that courtesy driver people, the ATV ones atleast, are very willing to be at the lower parking lot at a specific time when I offer them a Ten$ xD...

Everyone going to Knob creek, are there any articles of clothing, or hat's, or something we can know about, so we know what to look for to say hi, or trick into holding the camera for us when we get on the MG rentals? :D I move to bar Camo from being mentioned as a recognizable article of clothing to show to others on this forum who we are. Unless its pink camo. I have four pairs of it, if you can fit into them, I'll UPS them to you :p

Sundiver

I've noticed that courtesy driver people, the ATV ones atleast, are very willing to be at the lower parking lot at a specific time when I offer them a Ten$ xD...

Everyone going to Knob creek, are there any articles of clothing, or hat's, or something we can know about, so we know what to look for to say hi, or trick into holding the camera for us when we get on the MG rentals? :D I move to bar Camo from being mentioned as a recognizable article of clothing to show to others on this forum who we are. Unless its pink camo. I have four pairs of it, if you can fit into them, I'll UPS them to you :p

I'll be wearing the black pistol on my hip? :p

Brian D.

Are you being serious? What is with their web-site talking about coming and, "Exercising your Second Amendment rights," all about?

Seems to be a pretty universal rule at gun shows, which is a big part of the Machine Gun weekend. You get to the admission gate they'll want to zip tie the action of your guns. presumably you'd have already emptied them out in the parking area or wherever you can find a relatively safe direction to point the muzzle(s) during the unloading process.

Well it's been a couple years since I was at the Knob Creek MG event, that's how things used to go as memory serves.

flb_78

Are you being serious? What is with their web-site talking about coming and, "Exercising your Second Amendment rights," all about?

Serious as a heart attack. They have several signs as you're driving in saying to keep everything unloaded until you're on the firing line.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Serious as a heart attack. They have several signs as you're driving in saying to keep everything unloaded until you're on the firing line.

Wow! I just decided I can do other things with my time. I can't believe they don't allow defensive carry; that just amazes me.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Seems to be a pretty universal rule at gun shows, which is a big part of the Machine Gun weekend. You get to the admission gate they'll want to zip tie the action of your guns. presumably you'd have already emptied them out in the parking area or wherever you can find a relatively safe direction to point the muzzle(s) during the unloading process.

Well it's been a couple years since I was at the Knob Creek MG event, that's how things used to go as memory serves.

Yes it does seem universal at gun shows, but I was expecting different at this event. I guess I was assuming wrong, huh? I will not be going now that I know I cannot carry. Do they check for concealed weapons?

NEOOpenCarry

Going in April

I know that the pistol has to be unloaded that I am carrying, but can I have a loaded magazine with me? I can carry the pistol empty in my open carry holster, but I have an extra magazine pouch and I usually carry one ready to go. Or is it no ammunition what-so-ever? Just wondering. I am going regardless becuase this looks so amazing and I really want to find an AA12 to rent!

DrakeZ07

I know that the pistol has to be unloaded that I am carrying, but can I have a loaded magazine with me? I can carry the pistol empty in my open carry holster, but I have an extra magazine pouch and I usually carry one ready to go. Or is it no ammunition what-so-ever? Just wondering. I am going regardless becuase this looks so amazing and I really want to find an AA12 to rent!

1. Wait, what? the next KCMGS is in April, this thread is old, and sadfaced with age.

2. I've been denied entrance to KCMGS twice in events past for having a full mag in the open, however, I got around it by just keeping it in a pocket, I'm not sure on what the others will say exactly about concealing your mag, but an unloaded sidearm/long-rifle will be checked, and safety'd up with a zip-tie, I suggest you don't remove it while within the even grounds itself.

3. AA12... there have been only ten made that I can find out about online, and I highly doubt it will ever be found at the Lower range to rent, because anyone lucky enough to own it will keep it under heavy lock and key. And in the three years I've been attending, KCMGS, I've never seen it there, not even as a show-piece.

4. Welcome to the KY sub-forum random person, enjoy your stay, and free hugs and cookies for you.

NEOOpenCarry

Thanks

1. Wait, what? the next KCMGS is in April, this thread is old, and sadfaced with age.

2. I've been denied entrance to KCMGS twice in events past for having a full mag in the open, however, I got around it by just keeping it in a pocket, I'm not sure on what the others will say exactly about concealing your mag, but an unloaded sidearm/long-rifle will be checked, and safety'd up with a zip-tie, I suggest you don't remove it while within the even grounds itself.

3. AA12... there have been only ten made that I can find out about online, and I highly doubt it will ever be found at the Lower range to rent, because anyone lucky enough to own it will keep it under heavy lock and key. And in the three years I've been attending, KCMGS, I've never seen it there, not even as a show-piece.

4. Welcome to the KY sub-forum random person, enjoy your stay, and free hugs and cookies for you.

Ok thanks for the info. I was just really hoping for an AA12! Since you have been there and seen the guns for rent, what would you suggest renting? I will probably only have enough to rent 2-3 weapons. I've never fired a full auto before so everything would be new to me. Thanks again.

DrakeZ07

Ok thanks for the info. I was just really hoping for an AA12! Since you have been there and seen the guns for rent, what would you suggest renting? I will probably only have enough to rent 2-3 weapons. I've never fired a full auto before so everything would be new to me. Thanks again.

Well, as far as suggestions goes, what tickles your fancy and what type of money are you willing to throw at someone to get such fancy tickled? My first full auto I fired, was a Russian PKM, that was 75$ for fifty [50] rounds, and I LOVED it. You cannot fire it full auto from the shoulder strap unless you are built strong-like, my small frame couldn't fire more than three shots at a time, but it was well worth it to fire the weapon I camp with happily in the Battlefield Series for the P.C.; The M60 was 100$ for a 100round belt, that, was, awesome. Nothing like firing full auto and laughing manaically on the inside while you shouted "Get some!" in your mind.

I suggest going full auto AK47 for your first auto rifle; and M60 or RPD for your first auto MG, about 150$ to fire the AK and either of the two MG's; if you want some five second fun time, go fire 'Hitlers Buzzsaw', the MG42 is worth it.