• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

cop watching is becoming a lucrative business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

onus

Are you unemployed ? Do you want to make some extra cash ? Do you have a cell phone or simple video recorder ? All you have to do is simply head outside and find a cop and film him. Earn up to $200,000 for 15 minutes of work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvdMhJxd-qU

Your country needs you. Justice needs you. The constitution needs you.

Primus

Are you unemployed ? Do you want to make some extra cash ? Do you have a cell phone or simple video recorder ? All you have to do is simply head outside and find a cop and film him. Earn up to $200,000 for 15 minutes of work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvdMhJxd-qU

Your country needs you. Justice needs you. The constitution needs you.

I invite you to come ride with me whenever you want as long as we split it 50/50. :lol:

Primus

Let me see your resume

You'd be sadly dissapointed. Never been sued for abuse, never been involved in a shooting, only had a few formal complaints filed against me. In fact, more often then not guys thank me for being decent and respectful while I do my job. Clearly the guys who run that site wouldn't want you to video tape LEOs being nice and actually helping people. That wouldn't fuel any misconceptions or agendas they may or may not have. :lol:

onus

Clearly the guys who run that site wouldn't want you to video tape LEOs being nice and actually helping people. That wouldn't fuel any misconceptions or agendas they may or may not have. :lol:

No, actually people like myself and the people who run PINAC would love an American where all police were nice and helping people and not violating constitutional rights.

So, whats your opinion on the video that I linked to ? Whats your opinion on the officers actions ?

Primus

No, actually people like myself and the people who run PINAC would love an American where all police were nice and helping people and not violating constitutional rights.

So, whats your opinion on the video that I linked to ? Whats your opinion on the officers actions ?

Would all love for america to be like that. Unfortunately, to get that you would have to some how make police not human. But since they are human, they make mistakes.

I've been watching the video, just paused it at 2:00 since you wanted my opinion. So far, he was recording the officer doing a traffic stop. Not beating anyone, not yelling, nothing more then traffic enforcement.

So the "taskforce" guys show up. They ask for his ID. He refuses. They DON'T demand or detain him. They ask him to stand away from to officer doing the stop so he is not behind him. They DID NOT yell, grab him, shoot him or anything else. They asked him to step away to a different area. DID NOT even ask him to stop recording. They then leave him alone and walk away. The guy then walks back to where they ASKED him to leave. He then proceeds to explain he wants to stand there and that he can.

I know you won't see what I'm trying to say.... but he was instigating. He could have walked to the front of the car, he could have walked completely away and used ZOOM. He decided he wanted to make a statement and reengage the officers. I'll keep watching now.

onus

I know you won't see what I'm trying to say.... but he was instigating. He could have walked to the front of the car, he could have walked completely away and used ZOOM. He decided he wanted to make a statement and reengage the officers. I'll keep watching now.

Unfortunately for you and the police officers no jury is going to see it your way.

The only issue now is how much the tax payers are going to have to pay for the abuse of civil rights by the police officers.

Primus

Unfortunately for you and the police officers no jury is going to see it your way.

The only issue now is how much the tax payers are going to have to pay for the abuse of civil rights by the police officers.

Honestly, this video was pretty lame in the "violation of civil rights" department. I'm sure you can find much better of actual examples that, I know I could. This was a guy fishing for trouble and he found it. Again, the police never yelled or abused him.

Here's where people get it mixed up. SHOULD they have locked him up for trespassing and interfering? Maybe not. COULD they, legally? I bet. The guy was given many chances to leave, he didn't. The police didn't even TALK to him. He kept engaging them over and over again.

When you go to Starbucks, if you piss the lady off making your coffee, she spits in it. When you piss off the paperboy, he wrecks your paper. When you piss police off, they tend to follow the EXACT letter of the law and not give you breaks or chances.

The saddest part is this is EXACTLY what the guy wanted. Not sure why he is upset, he got exactly what he wanted. He was begging for the police to do something. In fact, I'd bet he was mad they didn't do something worse or something actually illegal.

Only thing worse then bashing is baiting then bashing.

onus

Honestly, this video was pretty lame in the "violation of civil rights" department. I'm sure you can find much better of actual examples that, I know I could. This was a guy fishing for trouble and he found it. Again, the police never yelled or abused him.

Here's where people get it mixed up. SHOULD they have locked him up for trespassing and interfering? Maybe not. COULD they, legally? I bet. The guy was given many chances to leave, he didn't. The police didn't even TALK to him. He kept engaging them over and over again.

When you go to Starbucks, if you piss the lady off making your coffee, she spits in it. When you piss off the paperboy, he wrecks your paper. When you piss police off, they tend to follow the EXACT letter of the law and not give you breaks or chances.

The saddest part is this is EXACTLY what the guy wanted. Not sure why he is upset, he got exactly what he wanted. He was begging for the police to do something. In fact, I'd bet he was mad they didn't do something worse or something actually illegal.

Only thing worse then bashing is baiting then bashing.

lol.

I could go line by line destroying your police state logic but that's not needed anymore.

The victim in this case will be compensated and hopefully the officers will be disciplined or fired for their illegal and unconstitutional actions.

Last edited:

OC for ME

A cop's discretion is handy to have until you piss off a cop then suddenly there is no cop discretion.....odd.

Anyway, filming cops doing their job is not a field of employment I will recommend to my kids. These "professional" cop watchers are not any different than tabloid paparazzi. They intentionally insert themselves into situations that enable less than stellar professionals to let their "slip" show. Cops who are professional can not, by definition, be baited into violating the law, because they are professionals. use their cop discretion a observe and do nothing until something is required under the law.

I won't trust a cop as far as I can toss one, yet this will not prevent me from extending kudos when they are deserved. A cop's boss need to know when his cops are meeting the citizenry's expectations and my expectations are likely higher than my fellow citizen's expectations.

eye95

You'd be sadly dissapointed. Never been sued for abuse, never been involved in a shooting, only had a few formal complaints filed against me. In fact, more often then not guys thank me for being decent and respectful while I do my job. Clearly the guys who run that site wouldn't want you to video tape LEOs being nice and actually helping people. That wouldn't fuel any misconceptions or agendas they may or may not have. :lol:

The guys who run the site would probably love that.

What they clearly don't like is some folks trying to turn this site into cop watch, part deux.

Status
Not open for further replies.