• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

3 times use of taser plus spray required in Bonney Lake . ..

zaitz

Banned
While reading the bonney lake news, there is a police blotter section.

Because I have a lawsuit against the city of Seattle on their anti-knife law, I have become more aware of times when various weapons are used by police and fail to subdue.

In one recent case in Seattle, a man was shot after taser was used and failed to subdue the guy with a knife.
http://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/Man-shot-several-times-in-Maple-Leaf-6537225.php

"The man reportedly refused to follow officers' repeated orders to drop the knife, according to Seattle police reports. Cops tried to apply a Taser to disarm him, but failed to subdue him."

In this case, in the bonney lake area, a man was tasered 3 times before the police felt able to cuff him and did cuff and he was still thrashing about and spitting at officers, who finally gained compliance after pepper spraying him as well.
http://www.blscourierherald.com/news/100573854.html

"The officer activated his Taser and the suspect fell to the floor but continued to resist; it took two more Taser applications before the suspect complied and was able to be cuffed. As he was being read his rights, the suspect began to yell again and spit at the officers again. As the officers tried to regain control, the suspect continued to thrash and one of the officers sprayed him in the eyes with pepper spray and the suspect immediately complied."

In a case in Vegas, a man was repeatedly tasered, sprayed and police tried to hit him with a baton and all this failed at first.
http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2012/1...spray-fail-in-calming-man-fighting-stop-sign/

After being tasered repeatedly, the man then grabbed the baton away from an officer and tried to use it against officers. When he was pepper sprayed, he wiped the liquid from his face and continued.

"According to KRQE-TV, the man, 45-year-old Raymond Garcia, is now behind bars, but getting him there was reportedly no easy feat."

solus

Z, your cites are olde, especially the bonnie lake cite is 6 years olde, so what point are you trying to make on the OC forum today?

ipse

Last edited: