• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Whatcom County OC

skyisfalling

Walking the dog at Birch Bay State Park.
Park Ranger asked me to put the dog on a leash. Nothing else said.
Customs officer ( wht. charger with the green strip ) drove past me.
Non-issue.

BTW my comment, on the jsanchez incident at Green Lake, got pick up in the
Seattle Examiner article by Mr. Anderson. His slant on the whole affair was disparaging.
I assumed it was a private forum between members.
Again, I am embarrassed by what I say.
I think I'll sit on the porch and watch the big dogs run.

sudden valley gunner

Walking the dog at Birch Bay State Park.
Park Ranger asked me to put the dog on a leash. Nothing else said.
Customs officer ( wht. charger with the green strip ) drove past me.
Non-issue.

BTW my comment, on the jsanchez incident at Green Lake, got pick up in the
Seattle Examiner article by Mr. Anderson. His slant on the whole affair was disparaging.
I assumed it was a private forum between members.
Again, I am embarrassed by what I say.
I think I'll sit on the porch and watch the big dogs run.

Can you link me the article was it Workman's article? I don't see anything you said wrong in that thread. Andif it was Workman he isn't necessarily pro OC. And often shows his statist viewpoints. We once had an argument where he told me I was wrong for viewing OC as a 1st amendment issue and then months later wrote about how it can be a 1st amendment issue. So speak your mind your viewpoint is just as valid as self proclaimed "experts".

sudden valley gunner

Cant read it for some reason, you have to be willing to take some shots by the statists though when standing up for our natural rights and against state tyranny. What you said was fine, and I stand by your statements.

ARADCOM

Last edited:

GuidoZ

Another great get together at Starbucks.
2-A gatherings two days in a row. Feeling the power.

Getting to know MSG and SV Gunner (and mrs. gunner) well.
The support, information, community and friendship are invaluable in our brand of activism .

ON GOING MEETINGS, EVERY SUNDAY 10:00 am.
Bakerview Starbucks.
Everyone welcome. If you travel from outside Whatcom County, I'll buy your coffee.
Sweet - free coffee AND good company. What more can one ask for? Sunday morning is going to be hard to swing unfortunately, but one never knows... appreciate the info.

--
Peace. ~G

sudden valley gunner

Ha! I was quoted too, although taken somewhat out of context.:lol:

The reporter was obviously slanted but not too bad. If you read the comments most of them were on board with us.

skyisfalling

Walking the dog out at Semiahmoo point, a nice retired couple stop me and
asked about what breed of dog I have. The conversation continued and we touched
on a wide range of subjects. I know he (Corky) was just dying to ask me about
my sidearm. He had the good taste not to bring it up.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Walking the dog out at Semiahmoo point, a nice retired couple stop me and
asked about what breed of dog I have. The conversation continued and we touched
on a wide range of subjects. I know he (Corky) was just dying to ask me about
my sidearm. He had the good taste not to bring it up.

I thought about making a shirt that said "Go ahead and ask". :D

I now just am more forward about starting conversations with folks and steering it toward what I think might be on their mind.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Met a woman this morning while walking dogs. She hesitated at first but then asked "Is that legal?". Yes ma'am, it is by both State and federal authorities. We talked about her fears of being defenseless. I directed her to the site for legal information and to possibly get more comfortable by "hearing" other women speaking of going armed.

Other than that... usual shops, places and restuarants
Sunday morn choir practice at Starbucks tomorrow

skyisfalling

OC in the danger zone

OC,d out at Blaine Harbor. A place where I always see a ton of cops & border patrol.
Did not see one uniform at all. Lots of families having picnics. No one call the cops.

See 'ya Sunday at Bakerview Starbucks 10am.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
My Sweet Baboo invited a bunch of folks over yesterday. They had been in the yard enjoying the sun and water for several hours before noticing the CZ on my hip.

I will make it this morn, but the Dog Show (Dog Days of Summer) is today and I will be OCing there with the doggie crowd.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Lake Padden for the Dog Days of Summer. We spent about two and a half hours walking around the park talking to people and shmoozing with dogs. Yes, Green, I have pics on my cellphone. The Petwatch (Humane societies TV show) was being videotaped while we were there, I hope I show up on film. I entered my dog in the "Best groomed" competition, but did not win. That part was videotaped.

ARADCOM

Next week for sure! (I think?)

Sorry I didn't make it this morning, but it sounds like everyone's 'carrying' on. Just got back from a trip to N. California at 1:00am so sleeping in was my priority. Drove US 199, the “Redwood Highway”. Man, they got some BIG trees down there!

OC today Fred Meyers (BV) and Haggens Meridian.

skyisfalling

Primary with a bug

Starbucks, Bakerview. Hold the fort, alone.
Dog Days of Summer. Waz there with Bear. Early, Socialized, nobody "noticed". walked around Lake Padden.
Freddy's, Lakeway, checker boy asked, "Did 'ya just go shootin'".
"no, never had the need to draw my sidearm".
."How do 'ya get a permit 'ta do that".
"bearing arms is your God givin' right". Gave him a pamphlet.
Trader Joe's. Lots of hot women.
Paddling up California Creek. Canoeing, Bear and I.
Don't leave the house without it.

SVG, Hope 'ya survived "commi-land".
MSG, Thankz for 'ta book. Love it.
ARAD, Redwood Highway. Nice.

sudden valley gunner

Back in town. OC'd to Starbucks, and to take a look at a house some framers walked off. Looking over prints the other worker there started asking about my gun. Made a joke to his boss about how he don't feel safe now and wants to go. I said if he can show me one instance of a gun killing someone all on it's own, I will put it away. Otherwise he is making an unfair assumption about me. He made a joke about a family guy episode and walked away.

But after the boss left he came over and started asking all kind of questions (his brother too). Realized he really was just making a joke, it just didn't come through that well in his Russian accent. He is pro gun and started asking the usual, are the cops going to harass him if he carried like that too. Just another of the usual pro OC encounter.

I should make it Sunday.

I did OC very briefly in an unincorporated Rest Stop. Empty holstered quite a bit. Seaside is a patchwork of schools. One kid asked about my guns and coffee shirt, and if I liked to hunt. I told him I don't hunt but I carry a gun. Big smile from him (oh yea this was ghetto area I was in too, so this wasn't no whitebread, middle income family working kid). Wife mentioned Brah you just got major respect in the hood.:lol:

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Ferndale Haggens.

Ferndale jobsite.

Ferndale lumber yard.

Went with a freind to check out a bid on a job in Blaine. OC'd to that house even though I didn't know them. I did know they are Punjabi though, and I have never had a negative encounter with those great people. And this wan't either, he invited me introduced me to his mother and aunt, and showed me some interior stuff he wants done.