• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

hypothetical question

Ask a hypothetic question and you get a hypothetic answer. If it hits a hypothetic nerve, get over it.

wolfgangmob

If they steal it from you easily I question the retention on your holster, I use a simple Uncle Mike's holster with a strap that snaps on the side of the holster, I've had friends try to take it off of me, short of standing right behind me facing the same direction as me it's not something they do without me being made very aware. If someone gets your gun away from you without you knowing or being able to put up any resistance don't even consider carrying.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
If they steal it from you easily I question the retention on your holster, I use a simple Uncle Mike's holster with a strap that snaps on the side of the holster, I've had friends try to take it off of me, short of standing right behind me facing the same direction as me it's not something they do without me being made very aware. If someone gets your gun away from you without you knowing or being able to put up any resistance don't even consider carrying.

Haven't said it in awhile so I'm overdue: You'd sooner try to grab a rattle snake's tongue - lot less painful too.

Warning: very graphic
http://www.rattlesnakebite.org/rattlesnakepics.htm

REALteach4u

Haven't said it in awhile so I'm overdue: You'd sooner try to grab a rattle snake's tongue - lot less painful too.

Warning: very graphic
http://www.rattlesnakebite.org/rattlesnakepics.htm

Holy crap-olah!

Training can help overcome equipment failures but, one MUST train on firearms retention. I've yet to find a holster that guarantees it will defeat determined attempts at disarmament 100% of the time. The reality is that safety devices can and do fail. A thought I picked up when attending my DT Instructor's course was to start considering holster retntion devices and learn what it takes to disarm the wearer to help me learn how to provide a retention technique specific for that end-user. I discovered that the most simple techniques are best as is being aware of how your own holster is defeated.