• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First OC

ocholsteroc

Thank you guys at the dinner tonight! very nice meating you all. After wards went to walmart and shopped around for a few mins. Few looks no :shocker: though. There was a cop looked my way but did not say anything. Must know the law :D

t33j

Thank you guys at the dinner tonight! very nice meating you all. After wards went to walmart and shopped around for a few mins. Few looks no :shocker: though. There was a cop looked my way but did not say anything. Must know the law :D
Congrats and welcome! :banana:
Step 1 complete. Now you need to take step 2 and join the VCDL. http://www.vcdl.org

If you mean the York County Walmart, it's quite possible you were OCing in the most OC friendly county in the state.

Last edited:

wylde007

If you mean the York County Walmart, it's quite possible you were OCing in the most OC friendly county in the state.
You can say that with an asterisk.

Because I believe there are western counties that are quite amiable... and Virginia Beach [City] is well-known for generally not harassing OCers.

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran

Because I believe there are western counties that are quite amiable... and Virginia Beach [City] is well-known for generally not harassing OCers.

Good stuff, true.

However, York County's Sheriff has attended at least 2 open carry dinners!

:)

t33j

Yes I did join vcdl.org

I was sitting next to 45acp, I think you where at the other end.

I wish I were. I've been in NoVA and Maryland for most of the Summer. I'll be returning to sanity next week.

Because I believe there are western counties that are quite amiable...
You know wylde I've thought that too. However, one of the two times I've been approached by law enforcement was out in Madison.

Good stuff, true.

However, York County's Sheriff has attended at least 2 open carry dinners!

:)
Yes! That's partially why I made that comment. I sat next to him at the dinner he attended most recently.

Multiquote FTW

Last edited:

45acpForMe

Congrats on getting that first OC out of the way! :)

Now you can join us in the OC in hampton roads thread to give updates on places and experiences. After a while people tend to post less as they re-visit the same places over and over again but it is nice to be able to search when going to a new place that you haven't OC-ed before to see if anyone had issues. http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?39693-Open-Carry-in-Hampton-Roads/page126

It was nice to meet you and your Mom at the dinner. There should be more around the area so watch for new OC dinner threads. I have had to miss the Village Inn for about the last 2-3 dinners there and finally got my Chicken Fried Steak fix for a while. :) I haven't had my Chicken Parmesan Sub fix for a while, maybe a dinner at Vinnie's is due. :monkey

All American Nightmare

At some point, you will be challenged by a LEO do your self a favor and learn the laws.