• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Match my donation for some case law

detroit_fan

My money is very tight right now, but I wanted to give a little to the Hamaneggs legal fund so we can get some case law going here in MI, this is something that will benefit us all. Here is the thread in case your not familiar with it.-

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?79158-Hamaneggs-case-fund-begins.

I wondering how many of you will match my $10 donation? I know it's not much, so I'd feel a lot better if 10-20 would commit so we can get at least $100-$200.The way he was treated was not right, and I think all of us can give $10 to make sure it doesn't happen to one of us ever again. You can make a donation thru this link on gpal-

https://www.gpal.net/gp?req=payment&hbid=0000000039025101

You don't need to set up an account with them or use a bank account, just a CC number. Today is friday, lets see if we can get 10-20 to do help out by sunday night.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
My money is very tight right now, but I wanted to give a little to the Hamaneggs legal fund so we can get some case law going here in MI, this is something that will benefit us all. Here is the thread in case your not familiar with it.-

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?79158-Hamaneggs-case-fund-begins.

I wondering how many of you will match my $10 donation? I know it's not much, so I'd feel a lot better if 10-20 would commit so we can get at least $100-$200.The way he was treated was not right, and I think all of us can give $10 to make sure it doesn't happen to one of us ever again. You can make a donation thru this link on gpal-

https://www.gpal.net/gp?req=payment&hbid=0000000039025101

You don't need to set up an account with them or use a bank account, just a CC number. Today is friday, lets see if we can get 10-20 to do help out by sunday night.

I'll Match your $10 bucks Sir! With challenge sent out to others to do the same ;)

GPal Logo

Thank you! Your payment to Michigan Open Carry, Inc. was sent.

Last edited:

detroit_fan

Thanks Glock9mmOldStyle!

C'mon people, skip a pack or 2 of smokes, buy a 12 pack instead of a 24, skip that last beer at the bar, whatever you need to do to donate $10 to make sure no open carrier is ever treated like this again. Less than the price of some ammo to get some case law going.

Last edited:

Onnie

Done another $10.00 from me

they need to update the amount needed a little more often so we know what is still needed

Haman J.T.

Where would I be without you good folks?I have understood for some time now,how people with limited funds lose out when it comes to getting justice in our legal system!There are few pro-gun lawyers and less pro bono lawyers,unless there are millions to be had!

Onnie

Victory

In a nutshell, a victory for you in this matter, is really a victory for us all. Be it OCing or any other activity that others are apposed to or afraid of. Today its OCing tomorrow maybe I might offend someone because I wore my Fuchsia colored shirt and my pink tie on 12 mile!

and speaking of Fuchsia, in 2006 here in Monroe county, I got pulled over for speeding by a Female deputy sherrif. She Gave me a ticket for doing 49 in a 45.

I took it to court because of her last statement which was "I would not have given you a ticket but for the fact you drive a Pink car." As she handed me the ticket i told "her" it was not pink it was "Fuchsia!"

court day came, I won! Had I not believed she was wrong and took her to court, I may still be getting tickets from her because the color of my car offended her!

Haman J.T.

In a nutshell, a victory for you in this matter, is really a victory for us all. Be it OCing or any other activity that others are apposed to or afraid of. Today its OCing tomorrow maybe I might offend someone because I wore my Fuchsia colored shirt and my pink tie on 12 mile!

and speaking of Fuchsia, in 2006 here in Monroe county, I got pulled over for speeding by a Female deputy sherrif. She Gave me a ticket for doing 49 in a 45.

I took it to court because of her last statement which was "I would not have given you a ticket but for the fact you drive a Pink car." As she handed me the ticket i told "her" it was not pink it was "Fuchsia!"

court day came, I won! Had I not believed she was wrong and took her to court, I may still be getting tickets from her because the color of my car offended her!
A victory for OUR rights has always been my point in this.Otherwise I know someone who most certainly would have loaned me the money in order to make some money.With him it's always about the money. I felt it would be best for us to do this together because I know how it makes you feel to help do something good that will benefit everyone who understands what our inalienable rights are and how far behind we are when it comes to the legislative intrusion that has gone on for the last 40 years or so! Good job guys!

JamesIan

I don't want to hamper your effort in any way. However, it is my understanding that case law is not made at the trial court level. Thus, no decision made would be binding on any other court unless it were a decision made at the appeals court level. A fine example to cite it may be, case law it would not.

NHCGRPR45

I don't want to hamper your effort in any way. However, it is my understanding that case law is not made at the trial court level. Thus, no decision made would be binding on any other court unless it were a decision made at the appeals court level. A fine example to cite it may be, case law it would not.
agreed, but it may help