• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Years Cop. 168 N

M

mattwestm

Doesnt the gun have to be out of the holster if its on the seat. Or is it for guns that are smaller and only a little part of it is sticking out.

My general rule is make sure the firearm is in plain sight. Being either on the dash or on the passenger seat. As long as you can tell it's a holstered firearm, it shouldn't be considered concealed.

nobama

I dont like to call someone a liar unless I have something to back it up, but, this story does sound fishy. Ive OCed for more than 2 yrs now, and I mean every chance I got. Never have I had any bad experience. "Knock on wood"

Dreamer

I' sure that "dcbmx04" had his digital voice recorder rolling, and caught the entire event on audio (at least).

And I'm sure that when his FOIA request for the officer's dash cam video comes through, he will be posting it on YouTube, right after he filed his Federal 1983 Civil Rights Violation suit, which should be a "gimme" with video and audio evidence to back up his claims...

We're waiting with bated breath...

Dreamer

If the OP had not been speeding chances are they would not have been stopped. Don't you know that speeding causes traffic crashes. I hope your insurance goes up.

If "speed kills" then everyone who has ever flown is a jet or rode on a fast train should be dead...

Actually, NOBODY has ever been injured or killed because they were driving fast.

The danger comes when you have a sudden, unpredictable, unplanned STOP...

dcbmx04

Wow some of you are critics from H#ll. I was just sharing my personal experence with officer Mcintosh. NC cop. didnt get a badge # or county of juristiction. Just informing the good pepole of the OC.org what my experence was. From my trip to Nags head this past weekend. Well take it as you will. And keep on Carrying.

Thundar

Well the cop may have been right about not being able to carry in NC. there wan't rain, nor snow, nor dark of night, nor freezing temperatures to justify the gov, or baby gov declaring a state of emergency, was there?

rotorhead

BS post

But on a side note, in NC, it wouldn't matter if the gun was loaded or not :)

Dreamer

Well the cop may have been right about not being able to carry in NC. there wan't rain, nor snow, nor dark of night, nor freezing temperatures to justify the gov, or baby gov declaring a state of emergency, was there?

Or perhaps this LEO was, in fact FOLLOWING THE LAW of NC, unlike Gov. Perdue, and was enforcing the CRIMINAL CODE of our fine state, which clearly states that transporting or possessing a firearm off your personal property during a declared state of emergency is UNLAWFUL.

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/enactedlegislation/statutes/html/bysection/chapter_14/gs_14-288.7.html

§ 14‑288.7. Transporting dangerous weapon or substance during emergency; possessing off premises; exceptions.
(a) Except as otherwise provided in this section, it is unlawful for any person to transport or possess off his own premises any dangerous weapon or substance in any area:
(1) In which a declared state of emergency exists; or
(2) Within the immediate vicinity of which a riot is occurring.
(b) This section does not apply to persons exempted from the provisions of G.S. 14‑269 with respect to any activities lawfully engaged in while carrying out their duties.
(c) Any person who violates any provision of this section is guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor. [FONT=Times New (W1)](1969, c. 869, s. 1; 1993, c. 539, s. 192; 1994, Ex. Sess., c. 24, s. 14(c).)[/FONT]

Funny thing, that an LEO might in fact know the law better than the AG or the Governor. This has got to be a first, for sure...

razor_baghdad

Or perhaps this LEO was, in fact FOLLOWING THE LAW of NC, unlike Gov. Perdue, and was enforcing the CRIMINAL CODE of our fine state, which clearly states that transporting or possessing a firearm off your personal property during a declared state of emergency is UNLAWFUL.

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/enactedlegislation/statutes/html/bysection/chapter_14/gs_14-288.7.html

Funny thing, that an LEO might in fact know the law better than the AG or the Governor. This has got to be a first, for sure...

Not likely....~add sarcasm smiley~ ;) as this post was made today and dated from 1 January 2011. The 'emergency' ended a few days before this incident.

This popo just sounds like one of the keystone's that try to project authority on the sheople and ran into one that knew ~ahem~, more or less what he was talking about.

Agree with most others on this thread. Learn grammar, punctuation, and turn on the DVR to be believable.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Anyone else find it odd how we keep getting these stories from someone as their first post, and the story rambles on and is filled with punctuation and spelling errors?? The stories always seem to also have some kind of "The cop freaked out, I schooled the cop on the laws and he stole my ammo" theme.

I'm calling bs on this one. Call me cynical, but I ain't buying it.

Democrats.

I say, even an idiot is still useful. If this event occurred, the Cop is WAY out of line and has committed several crimes himself.

...if it happened.

Last edited:

paramedic70002

dcbmx04,

Can you tell us the agency that the LEO works for?

Have you filed a complaint, alleging theft and incompetence?

Your story is pretty outrageous even for outrageous stories that come across here. Since that was your first post (and I can understand that if something like this happens to you, you want to find someplace to tell the story) you really need to understand that occasionally some nutjob comes here with some crazy stuff.

Give us more facts and your action plan for dealing with the problem, and we will be more likely to believe you and be outraged. Heck we might even offer help.

I travel that route occasionally and so have some interest in the outcome of this incident.