• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Spokane picnic...... OCT 2, 1p-5p

fhsantos

I'm new to the forum but have surfed it quite a few times. I think the ol lady & I will attend this, meet with some of you guys.

FMCDH

I'm new to the forum but have surfed it quite a few times. I think the ol lady & I will attend this, meet with some of you guys.

Welcome to the forum. Are you new to Washington or just to firearms?

All are welcome to join the meets. :)

fhsantos

I'm actually new to neither, been in WA since '99. Did some time in the military, just new to the whole open carry thing.

BobR

fhsantos,

The picnic would be a great place for you to get your questions answered and to meet a bunch of like minded people. Hopefully we will see you and your SWMBO there.

bob

fhsantos

I look in the mirror every morning & tell myself that I wear the pants in the relationship (only when she's not looking...)

BobR

Cross Posted from SGT (Spokane Gun Trader)

It is beginning to look like a fine family day at Manito Park. We will be in the shelter as you go in the main entrance off of S. Grand Blvd. Parking is close by, a playground close and the restrooms are an easy walk.

We *should* have a grill there if you want something other than the brisket, burgers, sausage and dogs being provided by Orphan and myself.

We will also need other picnic stuff, such as, condiments, chips, plates, napkins, etc. You know, they stuff you take to a picnic. I will bring some water to share, if you want soda, juice, or anything else you probably should bring your own.

There are tables and chairs available in the shelter, but you may want to bring your own chairs if you want comfort.

Let's start a list of people and items you will bring so that we don't end up with 32 gallons of ketchup and no paper plates.

Bob R .... Brisket, BBQ sauce, Buns

Orphan .. Burgers, Dogs, Sausage, Buns

fastfish600 .. Sodas

SnarlyWino.... Salad (?) and don't worry, he hardly snarls anymore.

RLHas ..... Chips

dwordinger .... Pickles, BBQ sauce, Onions (?)

If you are unable to provide, don't worry, there will be more food than we can eat if the last one was any indication. We still want you there to celebrate the freedoms that you have as a citizen of the US and the state of WA. It will also let you meet people with similiar interests and maybe network into something good.

I will update the list (this thread) and the thread that will be on www.spokaneguntrader.com as items are listed.

Be safe and see you there.

bob

Last edited:

dwordinger

I'll bring some sliced pickles and some BBQ sauce. I'll probably slice some onions and bring them too.

Reco Very

I won't be able to bring any food, but will bring paper plates(100 enough?). I am in the middle of a big move which is consuming all my funds. This works good for me as I am moving to Sprague. It will be SWMBO, my son, and myself.

Jeff Hayes

I won't be able to bring any food, but will bring paper plates(100 enough?). I am in the middle of a big move which is consuming all my funds. This works good for me as I am moving to Sprague. It will be SWMBO, my son, and myself.

Funny I was thinking about paper plates last night so that is perfect, see you there, it will be good to meet you and yours.

fhsantos

Wish I were able to ring something but being unemployed right now I budget tight, I will be showing up, the ol lady, possibly my mutts, and possibly my son if moms lets my bring him. Depends on the weather for that day is all.

Jeff Hayes

Wish I were able to ring something but being unemployed right now I budget tight, I will be showing up, the ol lady, possibly my mutts, and possibly my son if moms lets my bring him. Depends on the weather for that day is all.

No worries there will be plenty of food and drink and lots of kids, looking forward to meeting you.