• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCL Utah allowing concealed carry in WI

Packfanatic

Hello!
Anywhere CCW has some great news to share with you!
Today, the Wisconsin Department of Justice announced they will recognize the Utah CCW Permit! What does that mean? If you have taken our class and have the Utah permit (or it's on the way), you WILL be able to carry concealed legally in Wisconsin as of November 1st! Read about it here! (refers you to DOJ link) This is great news for those who travel to our neighbors to the north. Just be careful, there are some restrictions. Click the link above for details.
During our classes, many of you, our customers inquired if Wisconsin would recognize the Utah perm We promised to get the word out when the news finally came. Please know, we really do believe in the old cliche' "Customer Service", even after you have gone through our classes. We will do our best to keep you updated of current milestones, such as this.
If you have family or friends blah blah blah.....

I received this email last night and This sounds like those in illinois or elsewhere can get a permit and ccw here but i live in wi and never contacted this group. I took my Utah permit class through Yellow Cat..... so are they misleading wisconsinites?
. Let me know your thoughts.....

Last edited:

Interceptor_Knight

I received this email last night and This sounds like those in illinois or elsewhere can get a permit and ccw here but i live in wi and never contacted this group. I took my Utah permit class through Yellow Cat..... so are they misleading wisconsinites?
. Let me know your thoughts.....

It is a blanket E-mail to all students. Wisconsin resident students still require a Wisconsin resident permit. I suggest that you reply back and request that they send another E-mail in order to clear up any confusion for Wisconsin residents who may have gotten the wrong idea.

apjonas

For Illinois Residents

From the wording, it seems to be directed to Illinois residents who took a Utah class. It is a followup now that DoJ has declared that a UT CFP would be recognized in Wisconsin. The message does have the caveat that restrictions apply and recipients are encouraged to follow the link to detailed information. This would include the mentioned restriction for WI residents. While the addressee list could have been more precise and the wording cleaner, there doesn't appear to be any attempt to mislead anybody. After all, the recipients supposedly have already taken the course and paid any fee. This is just a courtesy message.

jpm84092

Wisconsin Residents MUST Obtain A Wisconsin Permit

To echo the comments of earlier posters, now comes the YELLOW CAT to remind my students and former neighbors that Wisconsin Residents MUST obtain a Wisconsin Permit. However, I continue to recommend that WI residents get a UT permit for reciprocity in other states.

Yellow Cat Out -

mrjam2jab

From the wording, it seems to be directed to Illinois residents who took a Utah class. It is a followup now that DoJ has declared that a UT CFP would be recognized in Wisconsin. The message does have the caveat that restrictions apply and recipients are encouraged to follow the link to detailed information. This would include the mentioned restriction for WI residents. While the addressee list could have been more precise and the wording cleaner, there doesn't appear to be any attempt to mislead anybody. After all, the recipients supposedly have already taken the course and paid any fee. This is just a courtesy message.

Correct. Anywhere CCW is based in IL