• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First negitive OC incident

Glock19fan

Was at the Wal-Mart in Dunn yesterday morning with my wife trying to get a start on our Christmas shopping and was in the sporting goods department looking at the firearms cataloge. I was OCing as a always do, and have been in this Wal-Mart a thousand times with out incident. Anyways, I was at the counter and a older gentleman walks up to me and aske me if I was a LEO, and I told him no I wasnt. He went on to tell me that he felt unconfortable with me not concealing my firearm and that I should do that. I told him that I understand his concern but first of all NC allows it, Wal-Mart allows it and I wasnt wasnt going to do it and then we talked about it for another min. My wife chimed in and said that my husband carries for our personal protection and it really wasnt any of his concern and then asked him if he owned any firearms. He replied that he does and then walked off. Before we got to the check out lines I was hoping that I would see him again so I could give him an Open Carry flyer, but didnt.

I suppose that it wasnt that bad of an experience, but it was my first one though after nearly a year of OCing. One thing that I will doing here in the beginning of next month is taking the carry/conceal course so it gives me options.

Steveboos

I agree it could have gone a lot worse. The guy contradicts himself when he says he owns guns himself, but feels "uncomfortable" that you are carrying yours. You handled it well and your wife definitely helped the case by backing you up. Sometimes people just want to confront you so that they can sleep better at night...or something like that.

REDFIVE48

He went on to tell me that he felt unconfortable with me not concealing my firearm and that I should do that.

I think I might have asked him a few questions:
1. If I conceal it, will he still know I have it? or will he forget instantly?
2. If he still knows I have it, will he still be uncomfortable? If not, why?
3. Does he typically make it a point to request other people break the law (since you don't have your CHP)?
4. Who the hell does he think he is telling you what to do when you aren't doing anything wrong?

Just my thoughts, what a tool!

Fallschirjmäger

He went on to tell me that he felt uncomfortable with me not concealing my firearm and that I should do that.
"Yes well, I'm uncomfortable with strangers butting in to things that are none of their business. So, why don't you just go away now, m'kay?"

PistolPackingMomma

I think I might have asked him a few questions:
1. If I conceal it, will he still know I have it? or will he forget instantly?
2. If he still knows I have it, will he still be uncomfortable? If not, why?
3. Does he typically make it a point to request other people break the law (since you don't have your CHP)?
4. Who the hell does he think he is telling you what to do when you aren't doing anything wrong?

Just my thoughts, what a tool!

+1

For folks like this, it's all about controlling those who don't do as they do. It has nothing to do with logic.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Old timers are not going to argue with a woman ... you could do anything and an old timer will walk up and if a woman starts yapping at him, he'll slink off.