• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Indian Reservation gun laws

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Thanks guys.....

I haven't been to the trail in a couple of years but i'm sure if you stopped in and let him know you were there and carrying all would be well as we are an OC state and you would be following state law. While you are here you should apply for the Washington CPL. I'd suggest applying for it in Silverdale as they have been know to issue before you leave the building.

Enjoy the area.

dirtyrice

Thanks guys.....

I haven't been to the trail in a couple of years but i'm sure if you stopped in and let him know you were there and carrying all would be well as we are an OC state and you would be following state law. While you are here you should apply for the Washington CPL. I'd suggest applying for it in Silverdale as they have been know to issue before you leave the building.

Enjoy the area.

Yeah I had some people in another thread recommend going to kitsap county to apply. Most likely I will do that saturday morning so I don't have to unload when getting in the car. Would be nice if I can walk out with a wa cpl in a couple of hours. Do they issue you the card right there or does it usually come in the mail?

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Yeah I had some people in another thread recommend going to kitsap county to apply. Most likely I will do that saturday morning so I don't have to unload when getting in the car. Would be nice if I can walk out with a wa cpl in a couple of hours. Do they issue you the card right there or does it usually come in the mail?

http://www.kitsapgov.com/sheriff/supportservices/firearmslicensing.htm

Application hours are 9:00-11:00 am and 1:30-3:30 pm weekdays, excluding holidays. The application process takes about 30 minutes. The application form can be downloaded here.

509rifas

I live about 2 miles from the Yakama Rez and go through there often.

Indian laws only apply to Indians in Indian country.
Recently there's been some conflict over the role of Tribal Police in arresting non-Indians for committing RCW crimes on the Rez; last I heard they could only detain them and wait for the Sheriff's Office to show up. And there's plenty of shootings, meth labs, burglaries, etc by non-Indians on the Rez.
So no, the tribal laws on guns don't apply unless you are a registered tribal member.

Trigger Dr

On some of the rez, if the officers have been through the state academy, they can be cross commissioned, and then they will have authority on non tribal members.