• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NBC - report on next generation of gun owners

HPmatt

Interesting video. NY dude had to fly to Houston & Austin to find some youngsters? Must have flew along Atlantic then pivot over all those old, fat white OCers in VA to get down here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Was said that the rate at which young newbies are entering the fold was diminishing/falling off. Think that is not a fact and was a manufactured concession to a liberal program.

I did not find any studies or data at all on the rate at which young people are embracing the so called "gun culture." What is found however is the meteoric rise in permits:

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/07/10/report-number-of-concealed-carry-permits-surges-as-violent-crime-rate-drops/

[url]http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/07/10/what-one-recent-study-found-about-murder-rates-and-concealed-carry-permits-is-likely-to-make-gun-owners-smile/

[/URL]

JoeSparky

Centurion
To amplify Grapeshot's post above--- No study counting permit holders or rates is going to accurately count the number of those who OC without a permit, especially where no permit is required to OC.

Shovelhead

Washington DC is up to 73 Homicides in 2015. And the night is young.
Baltimore MD is at 154.
Sounds like the young'uns in those city-wide Gun Free Zones have an avid interest in firearms.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
One of the St. Louis, MO TV news programs reported a couple of days ago that the murder rate was up this June compared to June 2014. They said it was a 200% increase, year over year.
Well maybe and maybe not. Analyze any available data and read this.

Logan 5

I kinda have and kinda havn't. A lot of the time the cops is innocent, yet we have also seen instances like the alleged car thief that was shot & killed after trying to take the cop's gun, when a passer-bys video showed the cop planting the gun. That is one instance that is documented. There are many more.
So essentially, can we trust the media to be truthful? Gets one to wonder about what really happened in those shootings.