• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Saw a fellow open carry person and spouse in Wal-mart

28kfps

Saw a fellow open carry person and spouse in Wal-mart. Seen several other open carry persons here in Pahrump and never had an occasion to talk to them. This time I politely stopped the person and asked if they heard of Opencarry.org and they had not. He said they were on the internet and never heard of opencarry.org. I gave him a quick rundown and told him about the Freemont experience meet. He was very interested and said open carrying at the Freemont Experience? What about the cops? I replied they were very nice and we saw at least 5 Metro and we had a friendly short chat with two of them. He acted very surprised to the answer and glad to hear the fact 20 or so open carried there with no issues. I made an assumption if a person was comfortable to open carry they would know it was ok most everywhere. Next open carry I see, giving the chance I see if they have knowledge of OCDO.

VegasGeorge

I'll be sure to do that if I ever see anyone open carrying. I've lived in Las Vegas for 10 years now and I've never seen it except when I go to an open carry event. I live in the Summerlin area. Is it more prevalent in other areas?

28kfps

I'll be sure to do that if I ever see anyone open carrying. I've lived in Las Vegas for 10 years now and I've never seen it except when I go to an open carry event. I live in the Summerlin area. Is it more prevalent in other areas?

Commonplace in Pahrump. Seen two during the same outing at Smiths me making it 3 in the same store at the same time.

timf343

Campaign Veteran
One of the hosts at Outback Steakhouse (W Sahara) is also an open carry guy. I went in there one night, OC of course, and he mentioned something about "Gotta love an open carry state". My wife then asked if he was on opencarry.org to which he replied he never heard of it.