• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Q13 Buycott Artical

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-buy...cks-hit-with-boycott-20120216,0,5966076.story

Q13 Fox said:
Those who prefer to drink their lattes packing protection on their hip turned out at Starbucks across the country on the first day of a "buycott" organized by gun owners -- countering the Starbucks boycott called this week by the National Gun Victims Action Council.

The issue of Starbucks allowing gun owners to openly carry their weapons in states that have "open carry" laws has been simmering for years. The new boycott, which launched Tuesday, aims at persuading Starbucks to join a growing list of retail chains, including Peet's Coffee, California Pizza Kitchen and IKEA, which prohibit guns even when they're otherwise legal.

malichite

But Fineman said boycott advocates made the decision that it was time to step up the pressure. He said the coalition includes about 50 secular anti-gun organizations, faith groups and private citizens touched by gun violence, whose numbers, through a complicated formula, he puts at 14 million.

I would like to see this formula!

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
Hahaha, they found three stores and that made a "growing list".....hilarious.

That's what I always find amusing when reading the articles across the internet. Its the same list of stores every time and its a growing list. I would love to see an article that lists all the stores that don't infringe our rights...

WinchesterModel12

Peet's Coffee= I never tried their coffee, I guess I never will.
California Pizza Kitchen= I never heard of this place, I guess their ban of guns is working. :)
IKEA= The quality of their merchandise is not good, absolutely nothing their that I want to spend my hard earned money on.

I don't see the ban of firearms at these places really making me and my family rethink our stance on our 2A rights.

VW_Factor

California Pizza Kitchen= I never heard of this place, I guess their ban of guns is working. :)
IKEA= The quality of their merchandise is not good, absolutely nothing their that I want to spend my hard earned money on.

I don't see the ban of firearms at these places really making me and my family rethink our stance on our 2A rights.

I've carried into IKEA anyway. My wife and I, probably made 3 or 4 trips shopping for things before we noticed the sign on the slider door. (When its busy, the door is open and the no carry sign is covered).

This is before I started OC'ing on a more regular basis. Its about the only place around that sells a computer desk thats worth half a **** and doesn't cost a thousand bills. I'd still go there for certain things, but I would simply cover and no one is going to know the wiser.

1911er

nazi establisments

Peet's coffee started in cali. along with Cali. pizza kitchen and I used to pick up merchandise for Ikea at there nearest major dist. center yep you guessed it in Cali. It must suc% being from A place where the governor is A nazi and dislikes the constitution that much.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Peet's coffee started in cali. along with Cali. pizza kitchen and I used to pick up merchandise for Ikea at there nearest major dist. center yep you guessed it in Cali. It must suc% being from A place where the governor is A nazi and dislikes the constitution that much.

Please get it right.....

Peet's started in BERKELEY California at the corner of Walnut and Vine! :monkey

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I saw that news article as I went out the door this morning. Nice to hear "Open Carry" being said aloud in seattle. Maybe the public should hear more.

sudden valley gunner

Interesting thing is the original owners of Starbuck's, now own Peet's. They didn't want to grow the business so Howard bought them out, he saw the potential they didn't or had no desire for.