• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

examiner.com - Despite repeal of one gun a month law, Va. gun owners have ‘mile to go

Mike

Site Co-Founder
http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-...un-a-month-law-va-gun-owners-have-miles-to-go

SNIP

Today Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell (R) signed bills repealing Virginia’s “one gun a month” law. This leaves only 3 states - California, New Jersey, and Maryland – still rationing gun purchases.

Though this change in Virginia law attracted a lot of main stream media attention . . . Virginia will remain rated as having more restrictive gun laws than 31 other states – no change at all in its position between Georgia and Delaware. . . .

KingSteve032

I don't think our gunlaws are restricting at all and I think they are much better than Georgia's laws. We can open carry at 18 without a licence, in Georgia you have to have a permit and be 21.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I don't think our gunlaws are restricting at all and I think they are much better than Georgia's laws. We can open carry at 18 without a licence, in Georgia you have to have a permit and be 21.

+1

Every time I go down to Georgia, I gripe and moan about the annoying carry laws. South Carolina is worse, but Virginia has Georgia beat hands down.

But I'm sure the NRA rubric includes a whole bunch of political stickling points which don't affect the day-to-day carrier.

I'm still waiting for University Carry, and National Forest carry, while everyone else is apparently busy buying more guns per month than I can afford, and trying to screw up Virginia's common law.

We've got miles to go, but not in the direction that some big players think we need to go first. Meh.