• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Connecticut sends out the first gun confiscation letters

Primus

Not everyone knows what this means ... explain please

I posted this up in one of your other threads. Tonight on Fox New at 9pm EST Meghan Kelly is supposes to be doing a segment on the Connecticut issues.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

davidmcbeth

Banned
It's a long story. Check out Mike Vanderboegh's blog. It involves thousands of Connecticut gun owners being made felons for not registering their guns & mags.
http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/

Anything he writes is long, that's for sure.

CCDL will not be inviting him to speak anymore.

CCDL is trying to stay more "main stream" .. for all of its 10K members ...

sudden valley gunner

Here is my point.

Florida v. Jardines, 569 U.S. ___ (2013)

A fence all the way around the house is the curtilage. A zoning law cannot deny you from encircling the curtilage for Fourth Amendment purposes.

The cops would need a warrant just to get to the front door to have a consensual conversation.....Think about it......

What about implied invitation? From what I recall in my state it has to be a locked gate to prevent access to your front porch. In other states it had to do with JW's right to preach, and go to your door.

Rusty Young Man

I realize it is against OCDO forum rules to post an individual's information without their consent, so is there any way someone (besides I) can copy down the list in case the linked website is forced to remove it?

davidmcbeth

Banned
What about implied invitation? From what I recall in my state it has to be a locked gate to prevent access to your front porch. In other states it had to do with JW's right to preach, and go to your door.

This depends on state law but your analysis is correct for most states ... you have a walkway to your front door ... its an invitation.

Want to close it off w/o busting up your walkway? via a notice of trespass is the best method (signs do nothing for the most part); this closes off all of the property to those its addressed to (in most states).

So keep those girl scouts from coming to your door and giving you diabetes ! lol nom nom nom

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

This depends on state law but your analysis is correct for most states ... you have a walkway to your front door ... its an invitation.

Want to close it off w/o busting up your walkway? via a notice of trespass is the best method (signs do nothing for the most part); this closes off all of the property to those its addressed to (in most states).

So keep those girl scouts from coming to your door and giving you diabetes ! lol nom nom nom

Yes. I even threatened Animal Control with that and the sheriff deputy told me I could even give a no trespass notice to the sheriffs department, which would without RS , PC or exigent circumstances, or a warrant they wouldn't be allowed on my property. Never heard from animal control again. And they never came and took my dog again.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Yes. I even threatened Animal Control with that and the sheriff deputy told me I could even give a no trespass notice to the sheriffs department, which would without RS , PC or exigent circumstances, or a warrant they wouldn't be allowed on my property. Never heard from animal control again. And they never came and took my dog again.

Weird ! My neighbor told me a few months ago that animal control and cops were hunting down a rabid coon. It crossed my land and they went around the boarder of my property and continued on with their chase.

since9

Campaign Veteran
CCDL is trying to stay more "main stream" .. for all of its 10K members ...

Negotiations 101: While that has an appearance of cooperation, it ultimately leads to failure, as those behind the bans/registrations/confiscations aren't about to give up their ideals. Whatever ground you give, they'll simply take a step back, paint another red line, claim "times have changed," and since you were oh so cooperative last time, "let's please sit down and discuss things amicably once again."

Collaboration is a better approach, although it's difficult to collaborate with people whose goal is to undermine the Constitution itself.

This is a war, David. It's a war of ideals, and they're not giving up theirs. Ultimately, you will either successfully replace them with pro-Constitution public servants, or you will be forced to to give up your own ideals.

Or ours, and I'm not willing that you give up my ideal that the Constitution should prevail.

When the stakes are high, or as they are in this case, absolute, you're often better served by a direct approach: "No, we will not allow you to usurp our Constitution, for it is the supreme "Law of the Land," and you swore an oath before the people to support and defend it. Either do your duty by adhering to your oath, or We the People will remove you from office for having violated our public trust."

The thing you must always remember is that We the People have are the ultimate authority in this country. We always have been, by design. Keeping that, however, sometimes requires a fight, and if you're not willing to fight, you've already lost.

Here in Colorado, we fought the tyranny, and won. At least the first round. We have two more rounds coming up, one for some seats in the state legislature, and another for Governor.

Keep fighting!

[video=youtube_share;Kesk4YKSI9A]http://youtu.be/Kesk4YKSI9A[/video]

Last edited: