• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Right hand Holster Ruger P94

fordguy

Hello. I am new here and have made the choice to start OCing. My only issue is I'm not sure what type of holster I should get. I kind of like the idea of a paddle holster to be able to remove it frequently.

I have a Ruger P94 DC and it seems that there are not many choices for holsters out there for this particular pistol. I'm open to any suggestions. I like black. I also like leather but am not opposed to kydex or something else.

Any and all help would be gratly appreciated.

KBCraig

There aren't many quality holsters made for Rugers. Your options are pretty much limited to a generic holster, or Fobus.

Despite what the detractors say, I have no problem carrying my P97DC in a Fobus paddle, plus two spare mags in a Fobus single stack carrier. The gun is not coming out without a proper draw stroke.

Daddyo

I carry my P89 in a Don Hume open top and a belt from Kirkpatrick Leather. I haven't really had a problem finding holster options for the Ruger. Just remember that for the most part the P-series are all the same other than safety options (which doesn't affect your holster choice) and barrel length.

rmansu2

I have a P95 and have both Fobus and Serpa. I like the position of the pistol in my Fobus better, but like the extra retention in the Serpa. I believe Serpa makes a P94 holster as well. Try your question on www.rugerforum.com

As far as all of them being the same, this isn't necessarily true. The new P95 has a Tac-rail which definately changes the fit of the holster.

Last edited:

J.D.Allen

I also have a P94 and I'm looking for holster too. Check out the Bianchi Black Widow. It's leather, thumb break retention, looks real nice, and they have a model that is specifically molded for rugers.

fordguy

There aren't many quality holsters made for Rugers. Your options are pretty much limited to a generic holster, or Fobus.

Despite what the detractors say, I have no problem carrying my P97DC in a Fobus paddle, plus two spare mags in a Fobus single stack carrier. The gun is not coming out without a proper draw stroke.

So is that the Fobus HPP or the SP11?

fordguy

I also have a P94 and I'm looking for holster too. Check out the Bianchi Black Widow. It's leather, thumb break retention, looks real nice, and they have a model that is specifically molded for rugers.

I think I'm looking for a paddle holster though. I will have to take it off frequently and don't wan't the hassle of having to take my belt off all the time.

fordguy

I carry my P89 in a Don Hume open top and a belt from Kirkpatrick Leather. I haven't really had a problem finding holster options for the Ruger. Just remember that for the most part the P-series are all the same other than safety options (which doesn't affect your holster choice) and barrel length.

I like the Don Hume H720 OT in black. Is this what you use? They don't list it for a P94 though. Maybe I should just give them a call.