• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GRNC Alert 10-26-10: Voting Machines Caught Voting OPPOSITE Party

senojkj

Grass Roots North Carolina, P.O. Box 10684, Raleigh, NC 27605
919-664-8565, www.grnc.org, GRNC Alert Hotline: (919) 562-4137

GRNC Alert 10-26-10:
Voting Machines Caught Voting OPPOSITE Party

The New Bern Sun Journal reports that a Craven County man said he voted straight-party ticket and got the opposite results.

CHECK YOUR VOTING MACHINE "BALLOT" CLOSELY!

That is the advise Sam Laughinghouse of New Bern is giving after multiple attempts to vote a straight Republican ticket only to have the machine register a straight DEMOCRAT ticket. After asking for help from the precinct workers, it took them 3 tries before it registered correctly.

Chuck Tyson, Craven County GOP chairman, reports that he has gotten calls from others reporting the same problem. Laughinghouse said that when asking poll workers about this he was told that the machine had probably "needed to be calibrated. M. Ray Wood, Craven County Elections chairman said, "Each morning every voting unit is calibrated as per manufacturer instructions by trained election rovers." One wonders how many machines have failed to be properly "calibrated." Be certain to make sure that the machine you are using has been "calibrated" or you may just find yourself voting for the exact opposite party from the one you mean to.

Also, Tyson says that there have been other irregularities. Such as machines reporting 250 ballots cast where 400 voters had signed in to vote.

Read the entire story here:
http://www.newbernsj.com/articles/machine-91656-screen-voter.html

IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED

Read the article: http://www.newbernsj.com/articles/machine-91656-screen-voter.html

Make sure to CHECK YOUR VOTES before hitting final button to send your vote. You just may not be voting for the party you thought you were.

----------------------

You may find your NC STATE representative by going here:
http://www.grnc.org/contact_reps.htm

You may write your FEDERAL congressman by going here:
http://www.house.gov/writerep/

You may write your FEDERAL senators by going here:
http://www.senate.gov/

-------------------
Support these PRO RKBA merchants who, as GRNC sponsors, are supporting your Second Amendment rights:

Hyatt Gun Shop, 3332 Wilkinson Blvd., Charlotte, NC 28208, 704-394-0387, www.hyattguns.com
Duncan Gun & Pawn, 414 Second St., North Wilkesboro, NC 28659, 336-667-6303, www.duncangun.com
Shooter's Express, 2 Caldwell Dr., Belmont, NC 28012, 800-358-GUNS, www.shootersexpress.com
The Aisle Pawn Shop, 216 N. Main St., Mooresville, NC 28115, 704-663-5656
Gunner's Alley, LLC, 203 N. Harrison Ave., Ste. 130, Cary, NC 27513, www.gunnersalley.com, 919-388-1991, contact: Ed Guerriero, ed@gunnersalley.com
C & E Gun Shows, 4225 Fortress Drive, Blacksburg, VA 24060; Phone 540-953-0016 or 888-715-0606; http://www.cegunshows.com/
Ryan & Nina Leonard, Down South Ammo, Home of "SOUTHERN THUNDER" Exploding Targets, http://downsouthammo.com/
Lake Norman Firearms, Inc., 20823 N. Main Street, Cornelius, NC 28031, www.lknfirearms.com, 704-892-7839
Vanguard Security Consulting, LLC, 19135 W. Catawba Ave, Cornelius, NC 28031
DoubleD Media, 8300 Raintree Lane, Charlotte, NC 28277, ph: 704-650-5555, fx: 704-544-0326, donna@doubledme.com

Dreamer

I'm starting to think that the "powers that be" actually WANT to cause a revolution...

Can you imagine what would happen if this is happening nation-wide, and the entire election gets thrown because of it?

There wouldn't be enough tar and feathers in the whole country to meet the demand from disgruntled voters...

mekender

I'm starting to think that the "powers that be" actually WANT to cause a revolution...

Can you imagine what would happen if this is happening nation-wide, and the entire election gets thrown because of it?

There wouldn't be enough tar and feathers in the whole country to meet the demand from disgruntled voters...

Once the elections have been rigged, there is no choice but to start an overthrow...

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Once the elections have been rigged, there is no choice but to start an overthrow...

This is the kind of crap that is giving the gun community a black eye. It is also an illegal act.

If voting machines are not working properly - no matter what the reason - there are ways to resolve the problem so that an acurate ballot is cast. Voters should be aware of the various methods available under their state laws and have the gumption to politely but adamantly insist on having an accurate ballot cast.

Calling for sedition and civil uprising before all of the other ways and means of ensuring an honest election is not going to resolve anything except for providing a demonstration of the law enforcement powers of the state, and perhaps the federal government.

Is it necessary that I add a comment regarding the fact that I would be mad as all get-out if I discovered this taking place?

stay safe.

rotorhead

Add to all of this the fact that at least one state has denied the right to vote to military members overseas (Illinois) due to what I feel is an intentional obstruction causing the absentee ballots not to be sent.

It's not hard to see that people are being duped. It only seems more rampant these days because the ones running the show simply have abandoned the charade and no longer care whether or not you know about you getting shafted. They control your health, your education, your finances, your news, and pretty much everything else- what's left for them to fear?

At what point does violent retribution and overthrow become a viable option, anyway? I'm not an advocate of it, but when you think about it, on what grounds could someone disagree with it?

Last edited:

elixin77

It is also an illegal act.

A violent overthrow is only an illegal act when it fails.

I seem to be noticed a growing tension around a lot of people when it comes to politics. People who used to not follow politics now follow them a lot closer; when engaged in conversation about them with someone else, it gets heated a lot faster than I've seen before.

I'm not advocating a violent revolution (or civil war for that matter), but I can't help but think that it's getting close. I hope I'm wrong, but for all we know, its just around the corner...

edrolee

if overthrow of the government is illegal, or Secession is illegal then the United States is illegal and so is the Declaration of Independence

swear your fealty to the Queen

Dreamer

This is the kind of crap that is giving the gun community a black eye. It is also an illegal act.

Actually, it is the RIGHT and DUTY of all free men, and therefore can be no more illegal than Speech, Religious Practice, or the RKBA.

I quote from that most seditious document, the U.S. Declaration of Independence:

That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.

That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness.

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

Last edited:

mekender

Add to all of this the fact that at least one state has denied the right to vote to military members overseas (Illinois) due to what I feel is an intentional obstruction causing the absentee ballots not to be sent.

It's not hard to see that people are being duped. It only seems more rampant these days because the ones running the show simply have abandoned the charade and no longer care whether or not you know about you getting shafted. They control your health, your education, your finances, your news, and pretty much everything else- what's left for them to fear?

At what point does violent retribution and overthrow become a viable option, anyway? I'm not an advocate of it, but when you think about it, on what grounds could someone disagree with it?

Bulls**t... Once the elections have been rigged then any semblance of a democracy is gone and the system can no longer be fixed from within. Once the people loose faith in the electoral process, that is when they start shooting.

Do I want it to happen, HELL NO... Do I want my kids to have to deal with the repercussions of living through something like that, HELL NO...

But is living through that worse than living as slaves to a tyrant government that makes up its rules as it pleases without regard to the wishes of the people?

No, I do not want nor do I ever hope to see a revolution in this country. They are bloody, they are deadly and lots of innocents die when they happen.

I hope and pray that the power at all cost, life long politicians are smart enough to not make it necessary... But after seeing things like 90% support for building a wall on the border or 80% opposition to health care and the government does the opposite, I can only surmise that the powers that are behind the curtain want a revolution. I truly fear that I am wrong...

I wont start a fight, hell I have kids and will go out of my way to avoid anything that could harm them so unless it came to my door I would probably have to sit by and watch it happen. But there are a lot of people that have far less to loose than I do.

Remember, the ones that are sitting on here griping and moaning and the ones that go to rallies and protests are not the ones to fear. We still believe that the system can be fixed from within. The ones to fear are the ones that stay home, they are the ones that already believe the situation is hopeless and they are the ones counting their ammo.

Last edited: