• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Florida sheriff.......great quote

DocWalker

Looks like Florida has a sheriff like Arizona has.

Polk County Florida Sheriff - "You kill a policeman it means no arrest ...no Miranda rights ...no negotiations ...nothing but as many bullets as we can shoot into you ...PERIOD."

POLK COUNTY FLORIDA SHERIFF, GRADY JUDD

An illegal alien, in Polk County , Florida , who got pulled over in a routine traffic stop, ended up "executing" the deputy who stopped him. The deputy was shot eight times, including once behind his right ear at close range. Another deputy was wounded and a police dog killed. A state-wide manhunt ensued.

The murderer was found hiding in a wooded area. As soon as he took a shot at the SWAT team, officers opened fire on him. They hit the guy 68 times.

Naturally, the liberal media went nuts and asked why they had to shoot the poor, undocumented immigrant 68 times.

Sheriff Grady Judd told the Orlando Sentinel: "Because that's all the ammunition we had." Now, is that just about the all-time greatest answer or what!

The Coroner also reported that the illegal alien died of natural causes. When asked by a reporter how that could be, since there were 68 bullet wounds in his body, he simply replied: (BEST QUOTE ever) ... "When you are shot 68 times you are naturally gonna die."

Fallschirjmäger

I'm kinda glad I live in the 11th Circuit court district where Plummer v. State applies.

Oh wait, the good Sheriff lives in the same court circuit.
What the Sheriff says smacks of hillbilly feudin'.
I'm sure the Sheriff meant those words to apply narrowly..... but that's not what he said.

Last edited:

Gunslinger

Mixed feelings on this one. Obviously, it was an execution by the cops, pure and simple. Yet, it was a scumbag who was executed. Good day for the gene pool; bad day for due process of law.

Beretta92FSLady

Not a drop of sympathy for the perp; he got exactly what was coming to him. I find it hard to believe that all the SWAT had was 68 rounds.

DocWalker

I was actually saying I liked the Doc's quote about "when you get shot 68 times you are naturaly going to die" when put into reference that the perp died of natural causes.

As for the Perp, he shot at the cops after killing a cop. I do believe the cops had every right to defend themselves, 68 times might be an excess but it stop the idiot and got this illegal murder off our streets and not into our prison system that would have given him 3 meals a day, roof, color tv and a better medical and dental plan than most Americans.

DocWalker

The 'legalness' of the perp is irrelevant to me. All types of individuals commit murder. I just wish there was a cheaper way to take these perps out.

If we count the shooting time the cops used to put the 68 holes in the perp as their range time maybe we could recoup the price of the bullets in this case. Total cost of ridding the earth of this Illegal Murder would equate to a $0.00 cost to the taxpayer over and above training costs.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Mixed feelings on this one. Obviously, it was an execution by the cops, pure and simple. Yet, it was a scumbag who was executed. Good day for the gene pool; bad day for due process of law.

+1

Government killing a citizen is very serious business.

We have only the police word that the guy killed the first cops. It is not likely, but it is not implausible the immigrant was defending himself from false arrest in the earlier shooting.

But, since the guy was slaughtered by 68 incoming rounds, we'll never know. I don't see why the cops couldn't treat it as a barricades situation. I'm not saying it could or couldn't be. I'm saying the data isn't in view.

Also, he fired on the cops in the second confrontation? So, what? Is cops ducking out of the question? Getting behind cover and negotiating as surrender? It is the difference between apprehending a suspect and executing a suspect. Certainly he wasn't behind cover--not if he took 68 rounds. Which raises the question, how could be "hiding"?

But, a dead suspect so full of holes as to be completely unsurviveable ensures we'll never know.

I would want this so thoroughly reviewed nothing could slip through.

Government killing a citizen is about as serious as it gets.

Aknazer

I'm torn on this one. I'm glad this guy is dead and off the streets, but the attitude about the shooting and the number of rounds fired are clear signs to worry about from our public servants.

09jisaac

He was an illegal alien, he wasn't about to be illegally arrested. They may have wanted to arrest him on some other (illegal) causes but he had a legal reason to be arrested.

I don't like the sheriff's quote about how if you shoot a cop you're going to die, that shouldn't be the way it works. Everyone should have the right to due process.

I think that the government should have less "rights" than the rest of us but I think the people who work for the government should have just as many as the rest of us. If I was justified to shoot and kill someone it shouldn't matter if it took me 1 round or 100 rounds. It was justified to use deadly force and I include "over kill" as deadly force. So I think if they were justified and wasn't just going for an execution then it doesn't matter that they shot him so many times.

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
Its mighty hard for me to celebrate SWAT-ting a guy they "know" is guilty and then taking them to task when they harm an innocent. We either respect laws or we don't.
If he did fire at them first and they returned fire until, and only until, the threat was stopped then it had to be.
If the man was executed its every bit as much of a sign of a broken system as when they hit the wrong address and kill an old lady.
We should be careful cheering for the overwhelming force of the state being used to replace the judicial system.

DocWalker

Wow. Six years after the actual incident, and this story is still circulating on the gun boards.

Good quotes are timeless.

As for this case if one of his relitives changed his/her mind about ILLEGALLY INVADING the USA then I see more good in this case than just a bad law-breaker off the streets.

Ironbar

Good quotes are timeless.

As for this case if one of his relitives changed his/her mind about ILLEGALLY INVADING the USA then I see more good in this case than just a bad law-breaker off the streets.

That's true; GOOD quotes are timeless.

This happens to be only a witty one that keeps getting dredged up by folks with "yee haw" mentality.

Aknazer

He was an illegal alien, he wasn't about to be illegally arrested. They may have wanted to arrest him on some other (illegal) causes but he had a legal reason to be arrested.

I don't like the sheriff's quote about how if you shoot a cop you're going to die, that shouldn't be the way it works. Everyone should have the right to due process.

I think that the government should have less "rights" than the rest of us but I think the people who work for the government should have just as many as the rest of us. If I was justified to shoot and kill someone it shouldn't matter if it took me 1 round or 100 rounds. It was justified to use deadly force and I include "over kill" as deadly force. So I think if they were justified and wasn't just going for an execution then it doesn't matter that they shot him so many times.

I would say "overkill" would qualify as "excessive use of force" which is illegal. One is only supposed to use force to stop a threat and I'm pretty sure the threat would have stopped well before all those rounds were fired

DocWalker

I would say "overkill" would qualify as "excessive use of force" which is illegal. One is only supposed to use force to stop a threat and I'm pretty sure the threat would have stopped well before all those rounds were fired

My appologies, I didn't know you where there. If you where not there then who are you to say he wasn't still a threat at bullet number 67? He might have been high on drugs or something.

davidmcbeth

Banned
FBI agents said, under oath, they used no pyro-grenades ... 6 yrs later, they admitted that they did ... lying officers? Got promoted. Waco.

I don't believe cops w/o collaborating evidence