• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VW Dealer that is not posted?

Brendon .45

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Anyone know of a VW dealer that is not posted in the madison/milwaukee area?

Zimbrick in Madison is posted but the sign is very hard to see from outside. Boucher in Janesville is posted according to friendorfoe.us so I would assume the other Boucher locations are as well.

EVS?
Hall?

Last edited:

bigdaddy1

Not getting off topic Paul, but I work at a dealership (not VW) and aftermarket shops are not always cheaper than dealerships. I have many times been told by a customer that they spent hundreds (in some cases thousands) of dollars trying to get something fixed and finally was told "we cant fix it, see the dealer" and we not only fixed it right but they are amazed that it only cost "X" dollars.

Dealerships have specifically trained techs, we aren't trying to work on 50 different makes and have "general" tools. We have state of the art diagnostic equipment, tools made to work on that specific make of car and techs that see these cars all day, every day. Dealerships also stand behind their work, our warranties are usually 1 year or 12,000 miles parts AND labor. Most aftermarket shops may warranty the part for 3 or maybe 6 months but not the labor.

There are times when an aftermarket shop may be cheaper but not always.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Not getting off topic Paul, but I work at a dealership (not VW) and aftermarket shops are not always cheaper than dealerships. I have many times been told by a customer that they spent hundreds (in some cases thousands) of dollars trying to get something fixed and finally was told "we cant fix it, see the dealer" and we not only fixed it right but they are amazed that it only cost "X" dollars.

Dealerships have specifically trained techs, we aren't trying to work on 50 different makes and have "general" tools. We have state of the art diagnostic equipment, tools made to work on that specific make of car and techs that see these cars all day, every day. Dealerships also stand behind their work, our warranties are usually 1 year or 12,000 miles parts AND labor. Most aftermarket shops may warranty the part for 3 or maybe 6 months but not the labor.

There are times when an aftermarket shop may be cheaper but not always.

Please note, I said "HE will save you money". I know Jason personally and he will be cheaper than any VW dealership I have ever seen and he will personally stand behind the work. Jason only works on VWs and used to only work on TDI VWs (not sure if he actually works on gassers) so he knows what he is doing.

M

McX

hmmmm, yep, with just my general tools, and degree in automotive science, i am not qualified.

msteinhilber

Another option if it's for non-warranty service is this guy in Madison that's on the side of the Radio Doctor building on the east side.

http://bensveedubshop.com/

I was there to inquire about a part for my ex-wife's car recently and they were not posted.

bigdaddy1

hmmmm, yep, with just my general tools, and degree in automotive science, i am not qualified.

I didn't say aftermarket places were not qualified, just not always cheaper. There are dealerships out there that will "add on" you to death, so you do need to know how to say NO. On the flip side there are a lot of aftermarket places I have run into that will burn you like an open flame too.

bigdaddy1

Please note, I said "HE will save you money". I know Jason personally and he will be cheaper than any VW dealership I have ever seen and he will personally stand behind the work. Jason only works on VWs and used to only work on TDI VWs (not sure if he actually works on gassers) so he knows what he is doing.

Someone who will not only work on a VW and is good at it is kinda hard to find.

Brendon .45

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Another option if it's for non-warranty service is this guy in Madison that's on the side of the Radio Doctor building on the east side.

http://bensveedubshop.com/

I was there to inquire about a part for my ex-wife's car recently and they were not posted.

I have known Ben for years (since he worked at that other shop...). If I was to let someone else even touch one of my cars, he would be at the top of the list. And last I talked to him, he liked guns!

Anywho, I guess I should have been more specific in my original inquiry. I am looking to BUY a car, not get one fixed.