• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Daycare open carry

TheRealMcCoy

Does anyone know of any law that would prevent me from open carrying at a daycare facility?
I know I can't conceal carry per KRS 237.110 but can't find anything relating to open carry since KRS 527.070 seems to apply to k-12 based on my reading. It also appears that the GFSZA is also k-12.

Last edited:

poetdante

There is no Ky. statute that prohibits OC in a daycare facility. If the facility is private property, the owner may prohibit all guns if they want to. If the facility is on public property OC could not be prohibited unless it was on school property.

I know daycare facilities are explicitly mentioned (and definitions cross-referenced in other KRSs) in parts of the CC laws but nothing about OC. Then again, the law does occassionally use the BS excuse "except where federal law prohibits" (does anyone have a link to a list of federally prohibited places btw?)