• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2 Republican WA state reps "open carriers in Olympia look like idiots and weirdos"

Alpine

2 Republican WA state reps "open carriers in Olympia look like idiots and weirdos"

Some things I did not like hearing at the NRA-ILA meeting last night in Issaquah were state Reps Manweller and Mangendanz saying that you shouldn't OC, even a sidearm, to the capitol and that people who did would look like "weirdos" and "idiots." They also said that they'd take open carriers less seriously than people not OCing.
They didn't say this about people LGOC, or people carrying huge pistols at low ready, they said this for politely and neatly holstered sidearms, you know, the kind that WSP wears while patrolling campus?

Very disturbing. Manweller went on to brag that he'll get 70% over on the East Side so I guess he can afford to kick his base in the face (unless he gets primaried, which I hope he does). Mangendanz went on to say he "supports the 2nd Amendment BUT..."

What is even more ironic is that Magendanz ended his spiel by announcing he is running for Mark Mullet's Senate seat and will have a campaign kickoff rally in Issaquah next week and wanted people to show up, donate and volunteer. Priceless. Insult people then ask for their money. What could go wrong...

If you live in the 13th and 5th Districts just remember what these two think of you.

I wish I had recorded it but my phone battery was dying and I have a feeling the NRA handlers in the room would freak out and ask me to stop/leave.

Last edited:

Jeff Hayes

Some things I did not like hearing at the NRA-ILA meeting last night in Issaquah were state Reps Manweller and Mangendanz saying that you shouldn't OC, even a sidearm, to the capitol and that people who did would look like "weirdos" and "idiots." They also said that they'd take open carriers less seriously than people not OCing.
They didn't say this about people LGOC, or people carrying huge pistols at low ready, they said this for politely and neatly holstered sidearms, you know, the kind that WSP wears while patrolling campus?

Very disturbing. Manweller went on to brag that he'll get 70% over on the East Side so I guess he can afford to kick his base in the face (unless he gets primaried, which I hope he does). Mangendanz went on to say he "supports the 2nd Amendment BUT..."

What is even more ironic is that Magendanz ended his spiel by announcing he is running for Mark Mullet's Senate seat and will have a campaign kickoff rally in Issaquah next week and wanted people to show up, donate and volunteer. Priceless. Insult people then ask for their money. What could go wrong...

If you live in the 13th and 5th Districts just remember what these two think of you.

I wish I had recorded it but my phone battery was dying and I have a feeling the NRA handlers in the room would freak out and ask me to stop/leave.

Thanks for thew report good info.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran

Thanks, I will add them to my list of office's to visit when the legislature reconvenes.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I dislike when people laud about the phrase "responsible gun owner" ... I see that nowhere in the second amendment.

I just tell the antis that I am an irresponsible gun owner ... and have all those evil guns. Their heads explode.